Green green everywhere

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Nepen I'm glad you brought this up. Maybe we could get @addy1 to contribute to or start a thread "topic" titled INVASIVES or PLANT AT YOUR OWN RISK. It could list the various plants that are known to be invasive, ranked from [maybe] "easy to control," through "don't go there!" And list certain considerations for each one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sounds like a good idea. I can start a list and we can add to it from there (I know very little plants though)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sounds like a good idea. I can start a list and we can add to it from there (I know very little plants though)
Aquatic forget me nots are not as bad as your dollar weed, but you do have to keep an eye on it and thin regularly. It tends to entwine among other plants, though, like the dollar weed, which makes it difficult to pull. I can't recall what the others were, but I've had some that took over, yet were easy to pull out and control [I call that a controlled invasive, LOL], and some that you needed a jackhammer to break out! I think that's the kind of info that would help us as garden ponders! Most plant info won't tell you because you might not buy the plant [but I have seen some sites that give warnings].

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Nepen I'm glad you brought this up. Maybe we could get @addy1 to contribute to or start a thread "topic" titled INVASIVES or PLANT AT YOUR OWN RISK. It could list the various plants that are known to be invasive, ranked from [maybe] "easy to control," through "don't go there!" And list certain considerations for each one.
I think it depends on the area that you live what is considered invasive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
After about 6 hours, I got most of the pennywort out of my bog. Back breaking and nails breaking work too. I'll give it a week and walk around again for new shoots.

Since the big is so bare now, the frogs are not happy! I found one young Green frog and one young Pickerel frog. They jumped out and now in the big pond.

image.jpeg

I took out some of the mint too but it'll grow back. Also other plant I couldn't tell what it called. :)

Ask a Question