Greetings Everyone

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll let that go i hear the same sad words from my youngest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@reefsr: Building your own dream often requires helping others build theirs. "Building someone's dream" doesn't = "workin' for the man."
Yep 2 separate things im aware, but sometimes they combine as well. I get it if its someone youre close to or have a good relationship with, but me using up my time for someone else isnt what i want to do.

Ahh, i just realized we're getting off topic again. Isn't this something Ian talked about? Whoops.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ahh, i just realized we're getting off topic again. Isn't this something Ian talked about? Whoops.
It will always happen always has, just needs to be a controlled off topic. Get back to the issue as soon as possible. So the OP does not get lost in his own posting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I agree with everyone else in regards to the visual aspects of the pond and the splashing equating to loss of water.

You should definitely hold them accountable for how the pond looks. If you haven't already, contact Aquascape. They always do such a good job (not to say your pond is ugly, but you would expect more from them).

Jacki G.

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Possible update, but I'm not holding my breath ..... I received an unsolicited phone call this morning from the owner of the waterscape company. He asked me if I was willing to talk to him and tell him all the issues I have with the pond and the build so he can make his company better. My first thought, was without swearing? Not sure I can do that. So I told him. (without swearing) what I thought. That his communication sucked, that it was unacceptable that I didn't know he wouldn't handle anything to do with the overflow beyond 5ft from the pond before the work was done and there was a problem, that the overflow was installed uphill, that I had to fix the problem myself, that he wanted me to pay him to clean his mess, that there is a lot of liner showing and that there is too much splash onto the rocks and out of the pond which is causing me to lose a lot of water. I told him that I felt like the discounted price he agreed to build the pond for, also discounted the quality and it wasn't supposed to. That if he couldn't do a good job for that price, he had no business agreeing to it. And, that instead of being able to just sit out on my deck and enjoy my new pond, I keep having to deal with different problems.

His response, was that he would get back to me by 5pm today to set a date he can come out and make sure the pond is something I'm happy with. I told him that would be great but honestly, I'm not going to hold my breath because he told me that he would get back to me about cleaning it by 5pm 2/11 and today is the first I've heard from him since then.

So, we'll see.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Possible update, but I'm not holding my breath ..... I received an unsolicited phone call this morning from the owner of the waterscape company. He asked me if I was willing to talk to him and tell him all the issues I have with the pond and the build so he can make his company better. My first thought, was without swearing? Not sure I can do that. So I told him. (without swearing) what I thought. That his communication sucked, that it was unacceptable that I didn't know he wouldn't handle anything to do with the overflow beyond 5ft from the pond before the work was done and there was a problem, that the overflow was installed uphill, that I had to fix the problem myself, that he wanted me to pay him to clean his mess, that there is a lot of liner showing and that there is too much splash onto the rocks and out of the pond which is causing me to lose a lot of water. I told him that I felt like the discounted price he agreed to build the pond for, also discounted the quality and it wasn't supposed to. That if he couldn't do a good job for that price, he had no business agreeing to it. And, that instead of being able to just sit out on my deck and enjoy my new pond, I keep having to deal with different problems.

His response, was that he would get back to me by 5pm today to set a date he can come out and make sure the pond is something I'm happy with. I told him that would be great but honestly, I'm not going to hold my breath because he told me that he would get back to me about cleaning it by 5pm 2/11 and today is the first I've heard from him since then.

So, we'll see.
Wishing you much luck but not holding my breath either!

Jacki G.

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This guy is an absolute piece of work!! I sure do know how to pick em, that's for sure. He's ghosting me again. Although, why I'm surprised, is beyond my comprehension. Uhhg

1646272559541.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This guy is an absolute piece of work!! I sure do know how to pick em, that's for sure. He's ghosting me again. Although, why I'm surprised, is beyond my comprehension. Uhhg

View attachment 148092

Bummer. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. Call up Aquascape and let them know how their referral turned out. Depending on the details of your contract, you might be able to recover some of your costs through small claims court.

Ask a Question