sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to love to go out on the big tractors on the farm with my uncle .Old tractors were cool ,but now they have every thing in them from tv's to heat and air .My uncle had a thousand acre farm in PA and the tractors were cool but the mules and donkey and horses working the fields were the best .I see farms here in VA and wonder what my uncle would think seeing them .My brother worked for Traprock in NJ and they had some huge trucks and they were scary

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! Thank for the advice and compliments!
@ Lisak1 ; Currently the pond is level with the landscape it is in, I am wanting to raise the level/make it deeper and have a sitting place around it. The, plan is to pour concrete around where it currently is to stabilize the landscape and then to build it up with bricks and mortar then place in a new liner in it. We are also looking to get a big dog soon so this may help discourage the 'swimming' desire.
I'm looking forward to learning how to make my pond a better place.
Here's the BBQ. Competitive cooking for the last 20 years in the Southwest.
Welcome BBQ Bill. While your pond is definitely beautiful, it's the RV/smoker that really got my attention! Oh yes!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You might look into koi- gold fish hybrids, they’re supposed to be steril. I’m working on trying to get a new pond set up so I can try to cross butterfly koi with shubinkins for a colorful long fin hybrid. I started out with a bunch of feeder goldfish, a mix of comet and common, I’m down to three of the originals, each about a foot long, and I’ve got lots of babies from them. The first few years I didn’t have babies either, but I had a massive amount the past two years. The plants will give places for eggs and fry to escape predators, and avoid being eaten, and the more space they have, the happier they are to breed.
If you’re just looking to stabilize the ground, you could try tilling Portland cement mix in, then watering it long and slow. Then let it dry- not as hard to break up as real cement, should you change your mind later, looks natural, and cheaper.

Ask a Question