Greetings from Pershore, Worcestershire, UK

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm Chris and I'm planning a new pond which I hope to build over the next few months. The one I'm planning will be raised - I'm getting too old for all that digging, but I want to make it as natural as possible, with lillies and marginal plants. I'd like to have a waterfall - but how I work that into a raised pond is something I need to work out.

I had a 16' x 10' pond a few years ago at a previous home, before we moved to our current home. I've posted a few pics of the pond I built with my sons. I have fond memories of listening to the running water on summer evenings, and want it again.

Regards,
Chris

Pond Summer 2003 04.JPG

Pond Summer 2003 03.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Chris
Nice looking pond! I like the easy access you have using the flat stones. Mine has round ones and hard to walk on to maintain pond.Nice planting inside and out also :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome Chris and remember to take lots of pics and post them in the showcase so we can mentally help you dig .We also will have aches and pains if you want.my raised pond is about the same size as you are planning but mine is half under ground

Attachments

• pond 5-21-2014 029.JPG
    pond 5-21-2014 029.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 218
  • pond 2014 19th 027.JPG
    pond 2014 19th 027.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the Forum Chris, it looks like we Brits are starting to take over this site :LOL:
Are you a ponder koi or goldfish person please Chris ?
I have a koi keeping friend who cones from your neck of the woods called Dave , like yourself he's getting older and less able to do things (aint we all) my friend , I may be 57 but I feel a hell of alot older body wise :(
Loved the Photo's ;)
I like your choice of avatar , are you into Owls my friend?:cool:

Dave and Val Plymouth (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave & Val,
I don't have a preference for either golds or koi. I had a few of each in the last pond. I'm equally interested in the wildlife a pond attracts, dragonflies, frogs, and birds, except herons of course! The Avon loops around Pershore and I've often seen some flying over, so I hope they don't pay a call.

The owl avatar is just a photo I like. There's a bird of prey centre in the Cotswolds that I've visited a few times. They put on a superb flying display and that suits my other hobby of photography. This is a barn owl they have that is really lazy, prefers to pose rather than fly and he doesn't mind lenses being pointed at him at all.

Regards,
Chris

Ask a Question