Hallelujah! Spring is HERE!!

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Those poor people down in Texas are not used to those freezing temperatures. Pipes freezing, no drinking water, no electricity. Even the gas lines were freezing up. Terrible! I'm glad it's finally warming up there .I have a planter of tulips inside. Just green spikes coming up, then noticed I have two blooms coming up! I’m not sure spring is here yet, but it’s on its way.

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nemo the world has undergone changes since the start of time it spews volcanic eruptions where the ash blocks uv rays. Fires that have certainly added there own issues to the equation.
Is there clear evidence emissions from HOMES and cars and buisness are adding to the situation Absolutely. DO we have the technology to erase fossils fuels .not even close.. do we have technologies to limit there need . We sure do. Fiberglass insulation at 6 inch thicness at best is r 19 while tge same space in closed spray foam like tge can you see your dad use to plug a little hole is r 42 . Building smarter, Regulating insurance companies. And car manufacturers are far more feasible not slicing our own throats then is shutting down pipelines and going with wind farms that get shut down when the wind blows.
ice cores have been drilled in the artic and it has millions of years or temp data. the earth has gone thu many of these cooling spells and warming spells just like this. man made climate change is bs. space is a cold place without greenhouse gases we will be a icecube.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
ice cores have been drilled in the artic and it has millions of years or temp data. the earth has gone thu many of these cooling spells and warming spells just like this. man made climate change is bs. space is a cold place without greenhouse gases we will be a icecube.
Well said!

I didn't want to respond to this anymore, but...

It's an ongoing natural cycle.
Has man contributed by polluting the environment? Sure, but we're not the main cause, just a very small part of the problem.

China and India are the worse offenders. At least the United States and some other countries have cleaned up our act over recent decades.

Politicians in America are just using climate change to suppress the populous, control the populous and enrich themselves. Just another political narrative.

Now I'll shut up. Enough hijacking of this thread.

Oh, I'm not a scientist and I don't think Nemo is either....

Oh, it's 14 degrees (F) by me today. Windy and nasty out. Spring? Not here! :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The vast majority of scientists disagree.
Science, like many other subjects, has also become politicized. Not the scientists, but the so called reported facts.
You can't believe much of anything that is being reported in the media. You have to take in all the different views, then use your individual brain to decide for yourself. There's too much "group think" out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s spring, the plants aren’t growing much, but I saw a tick on my dog. It was lovely not dealing with any of those all winter! And I can bet that I’m about to have an explosion of fleas....

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hoping for some warm weather next week. I have 2 100 gallon stock tanks full of water lilies that need to be potted up. I got medical wash basins super cheap, now need litter. Ordered round feed pans to divide lotus once the weather gets warmer.
16147288942431645070286.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am thinking, notice thinking, of putting a layer of litter in my 1000 gallon pond and turn the lilies loose. I have 6 or so in that pond in pots right now. Cut back the two old apple trees near that pond so they will get a lot more sun.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Careful @Doctor mcboy can't bring science in to the equation if it doesn't support the naritive

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have to take in all the different views, then use your individual brain to decide for yourself. There's too much "group think" out there.
amen and well said to you as well......

Trump left the Paris accord because all it is was a way to have someone tell the united states that you can't continue to grow and be the leader. others need the chance to step up as was said with china and India. Neither had to even begin to clean up there acts untill 2030 Look at your wonderful media folks of these places and countries. look at the filth, trash the disregard for self respect. I have said it before you want to stop pipe lines in America ge who wins when that happens ? it's not us We have environmental rules what the hell do you think Russia Saudi Arabia have you think they are a 1/4 as environmentally friendly as the U.S is? I doubt they are even that. Literally 1/3 of energy projects today is ENVIRONMENTAL COSTS . And i know just a tad about this. I guarantee i know more then AOC will ever be able to comprehend .

Doctor mcboy

hes dead jim
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well said!

I didn't want to respond to this anymore, but...

It's an ongoing natural cycle.
Has man contributed by polluting the environment? Sure, but we're not the main cause, just a very small part of the problem.

China and India are the worse offenders. At least the United States and some other countries have cleaned up our act over recent decades.

Politicians in America are just using climate change to suppress the populous, control the populous and enrich themselves. Just another political narrative.

Now I'll shut up. Enough hijacking of this thread.

Oh, I'm not a scientist and I don't think Nemo is either....

Oh, it's 14 degrees (F) by me today. Windy and nasty out. Spring? Not here! :mad:
the idea that we are wrong cause we are dumb and stupid and not scientists aint gonna fly either.

Ask a Question