Hallelujah! Spring is HERE!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The first harbingers of Spring are always our Wood Frogs who show up to spawn in the pond, typically in early to mid February. I've been waiting. The weather has been cold. Nothing. Just nothing has shown up in the pond (other than a bunch of string algae - harrumph!!) But, today the temps soared, the sun shone & the Wood Frogs showed up!!! Hang in there, everybody, and don't listen to that silly groundhog - Spring is on its way!
Wood Frogs arrive 03.jpg
Wood Frogs arrive 05.jpg
Wood Frogs arrive 09.jpg
Wood Frogs arrive 10.jpg
Wood Frogs arrive 13.jpg
Wood Frogs arrive 14.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mine has 4" of ice at the air stone who knows how thick it is in the dead pool

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yup it's the addition that was built last year so the fish could be caught . theres a shallow opeing to the area where it opens up to the dead pool know where to hide so i can catch the fish every year i seem to get a dozen new fish can't have that

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was giddy. Seriously. This was the one bright spot in my day (week, actually). :D

I can't wait to see frog life again. Hoping it's not too, too long. Sometimes I can get the pond running as early as mid-March. Not sure that'll happen this year, but you never know. There's so much snow and ice on it right now.

Fun fact, I have at least one dream per winter of the pond on a warm summer day with frogs sitting out and fish swimming around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
We are supposed to be 73 and sunny today! Next week rainy and in the 60s. Daffodils are up and some are blooming. Spring is absolutely on the way!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We are supposed to be 73 and sunny today! Next week rainy and in the 60s. Daffodils are up and some are blooming. Spring is absolutely on the way!
My daffodils have been sprouting & some have been blooming since mid-December! Very confused, they are! This picture was taken on January 2nd:
img_9968.jpg

A few days later they were regretting their enthusiasm! LOL
snow day 16.jpg

Ask a Question