Harbor Freight Pumps

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with Harbor Freight pumps? I'm relatively new to ponding, about 1 year, and I was kicking around the idea of a water feature like a sprinkler in the middle of the pond(16' round, 2000 gal.), but I'm not sure whether or not I'd like it. So I'm not to keen on spending a lot of money on a submersible pump, only to find out it was a mistake; hence, Harbor Freight and either their $44 or their $54 submersible pump. I've used some of their other products, and some are nothing but junk, others are still going strong and working fine; it's almost like, "...ya pays your money and ya takes your chance..."! But, in this case, if anyone has used a Harbor Freght pump I'd appreciate their input?

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Something to look into. "Normally" the cheaper pumps use A LOT more electricity, so you will end up paying more in the long run.

The $54 one will cost you around $6.00 a month, 100 watts, depending on your local rates. That isn't bad. As far as quality, I can't answer. Never purchased a pump from Harbor Freight.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
2 of my 3 pond pumps are Harbor Freight. One is 3200 GPH and the other is 5800 GPH. Both have 3 year unconditional over the counter replacement warrantees. You pay 10% of the sale price for that.

The biggest one has been in service 5 years, the smaller one has run 24/7 for the past 8 months.

The Laguna knock off (3200 GPH) has thin plastic details, but if you just put it in the pond and don't touch it, they should not break.

Ask a Question