Have to say, this is a very very nice forum.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know mogsie got back and he had a tooth pulled while he was visiting his in laws but wondering if everythings OK

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and more fun to cover that mud with a liner and fill it with water .We get a little crazy when it comes to pond and guess thats to be expected as we are pond nuts LOL

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have to agree. I joined this past spring in anticipation of building my box-turtle pond. Even though my needs are unique, I have gotten nothing but support and wonderful suggestions from everyone who has responded. I think what has impressed me most is that members are great about explaining things: how things work, why things work, why they don't work, why they won't work, etc. And everyone is open to others' suggstions as well as understanding and admitting that what works for some may or may not work for others (since all situations are unique).

...... Oh and everyone is friendly! I can feel the smiles in their posts! :)

Reaction score
Mmathis,

I feel the very same and for the same reasons. I was looking all over for help on my specific project and, to be honest, this is the site where I really started finding answers to my questions. Everyone seemed to be so passionate about their ponds and filter systems and their pets. I could ask and someone was waiting right there to answer with either an opinion, a hello, a link or a detailed discussion and directions.

The folks here are just so eager to help that it is unreal. I think it is because they are very passionate about their own ponds that they want others to enjoy the same feelings with their ponds. Somewhere in our backgrounds and ingrained in our personalities is a very intense love of nature and God's creations and we find a certain peace and joy in sharing our passion with others.

To me, it is definitely a spiritual concern. I wouldn't go as far to say it was religious or a religion, but nature does awaken a certain sense in me that inspires me to believe in God and I believe that it makes me a better person to grasp this concept and hold it dear. I love being outdoors and I love spending time with all the animals and plants and trees and water and everything!

To find people of like mind, it is warming to the heart and to the soul.

Just to let you know, I am currently watching a movie "The African Queen" with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. Humphrey just came up out of the water with leaches all over him! I love this scene! I know that most would find it as "ick", simply because of the thought of leaches, but I think it is great! This is one of the best movies ever made, in my opinion. Lots of great nature scences and rivers and water! I just had to toss that in.

Gordy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I always thought the leaches were pretty gross also and thought if any ever got on me I would scream bloody heck........til I went to a river over in Eastern Wa. and had to wade in cuz I spied some pond plants I just had to have. So went in w/ bare feet and legs and came out covered w/ little tiny leaches all over. Just looked down at them all and brushed them off and went right back in. Now I have to say if they were those great big ones it might have been another story!

Reaction score
I always thought the leaches were pretty gross also and thought if any ever got on me I would scream bloody heck........til I went to a river over in Eastern Wa. and had to wade in cuz I spied some pond plants I just had to have. So went in w/ bare feet and legs and came out covered w/ little tiny leaches all over. Just looked down at them all and brushed them off and went right back in. Now I have to say if they were those great big ones it might have been another story!

j.w.

Yeah, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. But still, people have an aversion to them and all sorts of things. Spiders, snakes, leeches, clowns, politicians (LOL) etc.

My aversion and greatest fear is of underground tunnels and getting stuck in them and having them fill up with water (my ultimate nightmare)!

Gordy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had a dream once that I was in this long dark tunnel that went on forever and filled w/ water and I was in an inner tube floating.........was scary but I enjoyed it...........just like to be scared and sorry when those dreams end. Love horror movies! I dream of people chasing me w/ knives and the whole lot. Hubby says Michael Savage on the radio says that you are all the people in your dreams. If so what in the heck am I doing chasing myself around w/ knives........sometimes I get stabbed but never die. They say if you die in your dream you wake up dead,lol! Slugs are my worst nightmare.................if I got stuck anywhere w/ those slimy things all over me I'd wake up screaming for sure. Hubby said I woke him up once when I sat up in bed and yelled "Where's the beer" lol! I don't even like beer!
Hey just a thought............maybe the beer would be to keep the slugs away,lol!

Reaction score
I had a dream once that I was in this long dark tunnel that went on forever and filled w/ water and I was in an inner tube floating.........was scary but I enjoyed it...........just like to be scared and sorry when those dreams end. Love horror movies! I dream of people chasing me w/ knives and the whole lot. Hubby says Michael Savage on the radio says that you are all the people in your dreams. If so what in the heck am I doing chasing myself around w/ knives........sometimes I get stabbed but never die. They say if you die in your dream you wake up dead,lol! Slugs are my worst nightmare.................if I got stuck anywhere w/ those slimy things all over me I'd wake up screaming for sure. Hubby said I woke him up once when I sat up in bed and yelled "Where's the beer" lol! I don't even like beer!
Hey just a thought............maybe the beer would be to keep the slugs away,lol!

j.w.

Since you LOVE horror movies and HATE slugs, how about a horror movie about "WORMS"? It is pretty lame but if you like horror movies, I think you might like this one. Check it out... "SQUIRM" from 1976... Yeah, it is a really low budget horror flick, but I thought it was grizzly and slimy and "eewwh"! LOL It is a cult classic in my opinion.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075261/

Gordy

Reaction score
Better put some pix from the movie here. Just when you thought it was safe to go out in the garden!

Gordy

Attachments

• squirm1.jpg
    squirm1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 213
  • worm face.jpg
    worm face.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 252
Reaction score
Pardon me for taking off on a tangent discussion. I do not mean to detract from the original theme.

This is a great forum and I believe that everyone will understand, and they might find the tangent interesting, but I will try to stick to the theme in the future. My apologies.

Gordy

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
j.w.

Yeah, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. But still, people have an aversion to them and all sorts of things. Spiders, snakes, leeches, clowns, politicians (LOL) etc.

My aversion and greatest fear is of underground tunnels and getting stuck in them and having them fill up with water (my ultimate nightmare)!

Gordy
I was OK until you got to the politicians...YUCK!!! :yikesu: John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we are nice hmmmm are we ,do we all get to vote on that one at least LOL

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pardon me for taking off on a tangent discussion. I do not mean to detract from the original theme.

This is a great forum and I believe that everyone will understand, and they might find the tangent interesting, but I will try to stick to the theme in the future. My apologies.

Gordy

2000000000 lashes! We all do it, and yank ourselves back lol.

Ask a Question