Having the last word

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
very interesting ,and not to stupid!

Iv'e wondered the same thing and came to the conclusion ,details confuse a lot of people , The simple genaric non spacific seems to draw the most interest and replies ,you can't go wrong with a froggy ,doggy ,worm,or bug! The real last word is the moderators X

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
multifasited, true. I have had the most comments on any of my threads when I posted a dog picture. But then if people are commenting you are really not getting the last word. On a more serious note don't let a text be your last word. Warning this video is very powerful. It was produced by the Miami Dade Police Department and is something every driver should watch.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thats sad and I have never texted and never will. Just don't want to waste time on it. Figure I can pick up the phone and talk for a few minutes and hear the real voice of my friends and family. But nobody should be doing that while driving either. Please stop and park................it's not worth losing your life over :sad:

On a lighter note, I wonder who will be the last one to get their last word in on this thread :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JW, It is sad. Texting is so prevalent with younger people, but it should never be done while driving. Between facebook and texting a lot of younger people don't even use e-mail except for school. I find myself doing it fairly frequently. It's such a direct way of getting someone a message quickly. Also it's ideal if you or the other person are not actually able to talk on a phone at the time. I have business clients that prefer different ways of communicating. It may be phone,e-mail, text, fax or all of the above! btw, I found a word on Wikipedia that is probably the last possible word: zzzzz So there!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZZZZZ

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
zzzzzzzzzz 2 zzzzzzzzzzz 2

Attachments

• Tank and pond shots 046.JPG
    Tank and pond shots 046.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 209

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We'd have to start a fight in here and act like we were mad tho. Ok I'll start.......................Algae is not green and whoever says it is is a phooey fart and this means you too Tmann :grumble:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fairly regularly I see people that read while they are driving. Sometimes I see whole newspapers laid out across people's steering wheels in heavy traffic. Most of the time these drivers stay at least 1/2 block behind the nearest car so they don't cause an accident. I think that's smart because when you are driving fast on a highway, accidents can happen pretty easily and looking out the front windshield of a car makes it really hard to read when you are driving. The best ones are people that are reading, writing, and talking on a cell phone all at the same time while driving. The few people I have seen do that are smart about it though. They drive half way out of their lane on the shoulder and then weave back into their lane occasionally and drive 10-20 mph slower than everyone else on the expressway. This way it's obvious to the other drivers that they are doing something more important than just driving and everyone else stays away!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
People can't drive even when they are just driving. Some guy was messing with hubby while he was driving home, got in front of him, cut him off etc............well honey was behind his car so idiot sped up (35 mph zone) he hit 65 when he passed a cop...............lmao...................honey just waved as he went by! Bet that ticket will hurt.

We know they watch the road, high school kids drive it all the time and school just started again.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Was at the local HD a few days ago when someone walked right into me. Turns out the idiot was texting and not watching where he was going. Then he gives ME a dirty look that said "What are you doing in MY way?"
Two years ago a woman driving north of Toronto missed a curve in the road, ran her car into the river, and she and her two children drowned. She had been talking on her cell phone when the mishap occurred! Food for thought.
John

Ask a Question