addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol my life totally changed all do to the internet and a chat room. We started out chatting as friends, met in real about 8 weeks later (a 3 day weekend) and realized we were meant to be together. 2300 miles separated us, it took time (about a year) to quit my job, pack and move but all worth it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
So, Addy, you moved from where to where? Did he live in Florida, or is that just where you met? I'm thinking you moved where he was, then you both moved to where you are now, but not certain. And, he's my kind of guy.... buys you things to help you work in your yard, like your tractor!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was living in Arizona, 38 yrs or so, he has always lived in Maryland, very near where I was raised, maybe 10 miles from my dad's house. He was flying to Florida to check on his parents, so I flew down there to meet him, a neutral place. Our first eye to eye contact was at west palm beach airport, I left Arizona at 11pm got to Florida at 10am after being on duty in the grand jury the day I left. So needless to say I was exhausted. My flight back was Monday, back to jury duty Tuesday.

We spent the first day sitting on the beach talking, bonding, I was still getting over the sudden death of my hubby. We just clicked, were committed to each other from that day on.
Put a lot of flight hours in, we usually met in Florida, tried to get together ever 6-8 weeks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
O.M.G., j.w.! Your hubby looks like my twin brother (if I had one)!! I'll have to find a picture.
John
Ok go find one! Would love to see how much you look like my hubby. Wonder if you guys look like each other now tho?

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I met my wife online as well. We lived about a hour away so we had a date every wed and she would spend the weekends with me at my apt. We moved in together about 3 months later and decided that we were getting married that fall. We met in march. Well Thursday night before our wedding I was out with the guys having fun. She calls me and says I'm in a lot of pain come home. So we go to ER and they do some test. It's her appendix. So they tell us Friday afternoon she is having it removed around 3. Ok everything went well and we get back to our hospital room at 6. We beg the nurses to let us go home because we have a wedding to be in the next day. 2 hrs later we are on our way home. Yay!! The wedding went on as planned but the wife didn't remember much of it. Pain pills. Lol

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ok go find one! Would love to see how much you look like my hubby. Wonder if you guys look like each other now tho?
I found several, but they're all those old Kodachrome 64 type. Now I have to figure out how to get them on the computer.
And I bet he's still a handsome hunk, just like me!! :toothy12:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Addy; you two look like the perfect couple! Sounds like you found your soul-mate.
John

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
This is the wife and I on our wedding day. If people didn't know that she had surgery the night before they had no clue about it. We had it a restored rustic lodge at a state park that was right on the right. It was a cool fall evening and we had our service outside in this covered patio area in front of this huge stone fireplace. I tried to upload the pics the normal way but I keep getting a error message so I used PB

OurVeryHouskaWedding220.jpg

OurVeryHouskaWedding230.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I found several, but they're all those old Kodachrome 64 type. Now I have to figure out how to get them on the computer.
And I bet he's still a handsome hunk, just like me!! :toothy12:
John
I just set my old photo's on the table and took my point and shoot camera and shot a picture of each of them and then loaded them on my computer w/ the camera cord. Easy as pie!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ryan you two look so nice and happy together in that photo :luxlove:
She does not look at all like she is suffering from her surgery. Amazing what love and a little pain killer will do for ya :razz:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy; you two look like the perfect couple! Sounds like you found your soul-mate.
John

He is

Our anniversary cruise last year. Doing the dress up dinner pose! Very seldom caught dressed up lol

Image3.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking couple Ryan! Happiness is hard to hide, you two are happy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I really like that picture of you and your honey addy on the cruise! You guys look soooooo happy :D

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I just set my old photo's on the table and took my point and shoot camera and shot a picture of each of them and then loaded them on my computer w/ the camera cord. Easy as pie!
I must be going senile.... you'd think I could have figured that out?! And that recent picture? Still a handsome devil! We have a lot in common!!
John

Ask a Question