sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh can just see addy now sitting back with her arms crossed smiling at your pics and saying glad it is not me :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Actually, I'm secretly hoping my cousin decides to do a water feature at his new home he is having built right now! Supposed to move in end of November. I think this is his 6th new home he and his wife have built. They already have their home sold, too. He says "I think you can design something great" but I told him he needs to design it, I will tweak it, and I will be happy to help with the digging and grunt work! That would be so awesome to help out on a project like that! Yeah, I would jump in an help for sure, if I lived closer. Little far to walk to your house, Grenage! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, Fishylove, I have cousins near Evansville, IN, and if you want some help, I can come and visit them if you are close to them, then help you for a good day of digging! Seriously, I'd love to if I'm free. :razz: :LOL: :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you need to convince people there to put in ponds colleen .Maybe start a club .

Reaction score
Country I live in Evansville! Wow small world lol ! Where abouts do they live? I would love to meet a fellow enthusiast :)
I was thinking of renting a trackho as the hole I'm thinking of digging will be too much for me, plus I'm impatient! Hah!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
There is lots of people I know that have a pond, but they are busy with life, can't seem to convince them to get on this forum yet, one of my friends that I hang out with got rid if her pond when they moved to a new house, and I can't convince her to put another one in cause she wants to simplify her life.

Another friend has this huge deep pond, beautiful landscaping, her husband is an arborist who trims the trees so nicely, BUT they have NO FISH!! I just gave them some plants this spring, a huge piece of my Yellow flag and now she says her pond never looked so clean!! She used to do what the so called experts told her to do, clean pond constantly, used UV light, and her pond was always dirty looking, then she asked how I keep mine so clean, I told her I never clean it, just the filters, the big sedge plants clean the rest! So she followed my advice and now her pond looks so very beautiful with crystal clear water! Now if only they could get some fish, but they are gone for the winter and taking care of it, way out on the outskirts of town, is difficult.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wendy, they live in Newburgh! I'm serious, PM me when you are getting ready to dig. Or, do the main part, then invite me to come help with the "shaving and sculpting" part. LOL I wish I would have kept track of the number or hours of digging each of my ponds took, as it was surprisingly few considering the sizes of them.
Yes, Sissy, I will travel with my shovel. I really enjoyed the digging part. Now, if Wendy/Fishylove has rocks and muddy clay, I won't care for it much. LOL I was extremely lucky and had beautiful weather and perfect dirt conditions when I dub both of my ponds. Just a little mud. But,. I'm not afraid of mud either. Bring on the dirt!
Heck, I could even bring some plants, Wendy! I have an overabundance of water clover and some water parsley, and dwarf cattails! I could get you going right off the bat! :)

Reaction score
Whoo hoo a digging partner!! :wave: So exciting, we could trade plants!! I don't have a whole lot of aquatics but you can have what I got :) I really like to have one of those flag Iris Colleen is always talking about :D I've not come across it around here yet I DO have a Hardy Banana tree that had a baby this year!! And some rush, a Toad Lilly and.... I can think now it's too late lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like fun, but too long of a drive! enjoy you two and post lots of pictures in your construction thread!

Ask a Question