Hello, all!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Just came across this forum and decided to give it a go. I'm 61, semi-retired (i work at a garden center where I run the water garden section in the spring and early summer). I have one garden pond about 8' x 15' with goldfish and far too many plants. John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
glad you joined. welcome , I have way to many plants too, but love them

Welcome-Daisy-Bug.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome John and wow you have it made ,you get paid to play in the water .Wish I could say I have to many plants .Hope you can post pics of the garden center also .It would be great to see

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi John Welcome and glad you joined. I wish I could be semi retired too, but not with this economy. It pushed my plans back about 20 years!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Thank you, everyone, for your welcoming comments. Yes, it is nice to be able to play in the water and get paid for it, but unfortunately by the time I get around to my own pond it's more of a chore than a pleasure! Hoping to get some inspiration from this site to get me going!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You work around it all day .I guess it can get a little hard to go home and start on the same thing .But it can be great to have access to all those resources .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hello, Whiskey; Glad to make your aquaintance! If I knew your brother's name I'd keep a lookout for him. I do know one chap by the name of Tom Collins! Any relation???? John.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well, it seems to be working! In spite of the heat and humidity (around 80F ), looking at all your pond and plant pictures has given me the push I needed to get out and start cleaning up my own pond. And if I ever figure out how to post a picture, I have about a hundred or so to look through; however, I am not great with computers, so it may take a while! Thanks for the inspiration. John

Ask a Question