Hello from Biloxi

Reaction score
Hello to all from the sunny and warm gulf coast. I am in the initial planning of converting my fiberglass in ground pool to a water garden/koi pond. The pool is 16x32 and the entire pond will need to fit in this area.

I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 4000 gallons with a small waterfall (a couple feet) at one end. Filtration is yet to be determined. Been reading about a bog style that I kinda like and the more traditional drain and Skimmer filter set up. Looking forward to the process and learning alot along the way.

I'll be lurking and learning, thanks in advance for all the knowledge and advice that I'm sure will coming over the next few months.

Bud

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and all you will need to watch out for is flooding rains so fish will not be washed out .You may need to test water alot before you add fish if you used chlorine .It will need clean well .You could buy a pump sprayer and fill it with peroxide and water and spray down the fiberglass pond .Remember city water will need treated .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome48.gif
Bud
Nice size pond and like the bog idea :goldfish:

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Welcome. I once saw a concrete in-ground pool that had been converted into a pond by filling the pool to about 3 feet from the top with gravel and pumping the water from the bottom like an aquarium filter. It had the clearest water I've ever seen in a pond.

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Started a build thread to document the progress. So far I have 3 big piles of dirt, but I have a plan in my head. See you around the pond.

Ask a Question