Hello from Liverpool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had new koi pond built last summer 10’ x 6’ x 5’ deep 8500 ltr
So I’m a newbie I’m still going through new pond syndrome but I am enjoying it. I have just come across your site wow it’s great I had to join.

Attachments

• 52EC23F7-E9F0-47C0-A22B-E17A956EA030.jpeg
    52EC23F7-E9F0-47C0-A22B-E17A956EA030.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome Chris, you chaps on the other side of the pond have some interesting setups. Looking to know more about your build. have any fish, plants?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Chris, you chaps on the other side of the pond have some interesting setups. Looking to know more about your build. have any fish, plants?
Hi I wanted a modern looking pond with minimal maintenance if that’s ever possible I’ve got a dozen koi 8-12” I’m running Hozelock Bioforce 14000 and aquaforce 8000 pump so more than capable of my little pond. No we was advised not to have plants because I wanted koi but we will at some point add some plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Chris! You live in a very cool city. Lawn Oak, Williamson Tunnels, The Beatles and The Archer Stone which I think was Robin Hood's arrowhead sharpening stone. Very historic. Okay, enough of my, years-ago, youthful touring. Your pond is elegant! I am curious about about the construction materials and lessons learned. Again, welcome to the forum from another new member.
Stephen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Chris! You live in a very cool city. Lawn Oak, Williamson Tunnels, The Beatles and The Archer Stone which I think was Robin Hood's arrowhead sharpening stone. Very historic. Okay, enough of my, years-ago, youthful touring. Your pond is elegant! I am curious about about the construction materials and lessons learned. Again, welcome to the forum from another new member.
Stephen
Hi Stephen
Thanks Yes great city plenty to see and do. We dug soil out put reinforced 20” concrete slab with metal rods. Then heavy duty concrete blocks with steel rods running through then filled block holes with more concrete a little over kill rendered block then sealed it all then applied g4 pond sealer. Finger crossed no leaks to date.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome @Chris walker you have a very clean looking pond and I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures of your fish as well! Do you have the little stones in the spout to break up the flow?
Hi Shawn I put small stones in that blade because we had problem with blade not long enough causing water to flow down the wall after this photo was taken I put a larger blade in with 12” spout. It was case trial and error.
I will post some pics this week I have just cleaned filter so waiting for pond to settle down

Ask a Question