Hello from louisville

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is matt I bought my house about three years ago and it came with a roughly 1000 gallon pond. I think the pond is around five years old.Over the years I haven't done much other than clean the filter out every two weeks or so and drain and clean the pond each spring. It has a large bucket filter in the bottom filled with mesh type stuff that feeds to a rather unattractive fiberglass waterfall. The pump is a pondmaster 1800g.
As far as fish go I have three 12" koi (no idea what type) and one black 5" goldfish. Needless to say a black fish in a black bottom pond is kind of a waste of time. I've decided this year I would like to upgrade my filter system and learn allot more about my pond. I'm hoping to put in a skimmer box and build a bigger rock waterfall. Any advice from you all would be great thanks.

Reaction score
hello nay kid I have just got a new pump 15000 litres in one hour of eBay but if you live in U.S.A. Look for a bigger pump and filter than what you want.I have bought items on new eBay and saved a lot of cash. the pond I have this pump in is about 1500g Two filter boxes with 25w uv this might help you
robbo

Ask a Question