Hello from Missouri

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all my name is David and in my searching around I found this fun and informative forum. My pond is a bit different as it is about 1 acre and is a ton of work... I am coming to this site mainly for plant information. I know this is a daunting task but I cant seem to find much elsewhere. I need some to help with the nutrient levels, but really want to improve the look of my pond and the area around it.
I know that water chemistry will also be similar so I am looking for that type of info as well.
Thanks and I look forward to learning and hope I can share as well.
Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_0131.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do have more as well of course. I enjoy it and have added aeration in the deeper portion early this spring. I am about 17 feet deep. So I have a big canvas to work with. One end is shallow and may pose a problem unless I can get some good plants in place. I am fighting some FA that I am trying to get under control.
Thanks for the welcome
Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to our group. Wow, how nice, and huge! Do you have wildlife that use the pond? That would be so neat to watch all the different critters!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep it is interesting and I have all the usual suspects. In the pond I have a mix of fish I enjoy feeding and watching, A ton of tadpoles and now some small frogs. Then the bigger bull frogs, with all these it can get quite "noisy" lol but it is all relative. A few ducks and coots pass thru and stay for a while but I haven't gotten to the point to keep them around. Still working on that.
We do live out in the country so we see our share of other wildlife that comes thru.
Dave

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a gorgeous view! Welcome to the forum.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and have you checked to see if you have a local pond information sight for your area .I know here in Va they provide al farm pond owners with access to info and even free natural pond plants to help the ponds they own survive .I know the guys I have talked to that I take frogs and tadpoles to call there county services department

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I have bass, blue gill and catfish.
I have looked locally without much luck. You have me curious again I will look some more as I have heard there is some help.
Yes it is big and a nice view to wake up to. I'm working for it to be more than just a farm pond. I want our family to enjoy it.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know it's totally different than most in here but we enjoy it and will continue to beautify it.
Dave

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know it's totally different than most in here but we enjoy it and will continue to beautify it.
Welcome, also I will say that you will find many people here who give you fresh new ideas on how to decorate your pond, artificially or naturally. Either way I wish you the best of luck on your pond journey.
Tip: Bass love making beds under lily pads in shallow waters.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Meyer I am on there as well and yes they do fit my pond a little better I guess but I wanted to expand some. I'm the same user name if you are in the as well.
@DutchMuch I'm always looking for new ideas. And yes I want some hardy lilies for those bass...

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Great sized pond, and what a neat property!

Ask a Question