Hello from New Brunswick Canada!

Reaction score
My father was an organic farmer when there were none and we had a guy ask to put beehives on our property and we welcomed him and boy that free honey was the best .My father past away in 1992 and the farm was sold .But still remember it well

Yes, nothing better than honey from the hive. Each flower gives its own flavour of honey but when you get it in the store it is all mixed together into on, not the same at all as hives that work the same flower types.

They really do seem to be pretty docile when they swarm. The sound though is incredible, and, me being allergic to bees, well, I should just stay inside with all the screens closed, except when she was retrieving them, then, curiosity overruled good sense. I had to go stand right out there near them and watch. It really is fascinating :)

I have been told the swarm I went after that day might have been from a bear attacking the hive so they would have been all defensive, but one bitten twice shy lol, I always wear pants and a bee veil when I go after swarms now lol

keep dancing darn it dark clouds are rolling in could be rain dance sucker dance LOL

LMAO!! :D

We used to have a lot of bees until we got a bullfrog. I think he eats everything except for mosquitoes!

I would love to have a bullfrog make a home in my pond! They are very entertaining

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know also honey straight from the hive was better ,when I bought store honey I read they pasturize it and clean it .I have a guy right down here on highway 58 that sells fresh clover honey and it is really good .Fresh honey is better any day

need to ask did you figure out how to build a moat yet :razz: :salook: and the drawbridge .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know also honey straight from the hive was better ,when I bought store honey I read they pasturize it and clean it .I have a guy right down here on highway 58 that sells fresh clover honey and it is really good .Fresh honey is better any day
yummmmmmmmmm maybe I can have you ship me some! have not found any fresh honey here.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow really no fresh honey .I go to the flea markets here and they have all kinds of fresh honey .The memorial day weekend giant city wide flea market is coming up in Hillsville so planning on that yet .Iwas supposed to leave for NJ monday but Sears called and is sending someone to look at my dishwasher I bought last year from them .There is something wrong with the stainless steel finish on it .Has brown marks on it ,almost looks like rust

Ask a Question