Hello from So.Cal!

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Hello to all! I'm so happy to have found this wonderful forum of fellow ponders! Hubby and I live on 5 acres on the northern foothills of the beautiful San Gabriel mountains in southern California. We put in a small (1000 gal) pond a couple of years ago, one of our first rookie ponding mistakes. Should have made it bigger! So we did just that in May. We also located the the new pond closer to our house and deck. It is ~ 15'x11'x3' with a two tiered waterfall. We are still tweaking the waterfall and its rocks but the skippy we made from a preform pond seems to be working well and water cleared up in just a few days once it was up and running. Whoo hoo! We can see the bottom! :bouncycig:

I will post pics soon of our progress but wanted to say a big thanks to all of you who contribute your expertise and encouragement so generously. What an awesome bunch of ponders! :)

Diana

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeflowers900.gif
Diana
Will be looking forward to seeing your pond pix soon :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
:) Welcome aboard! :bouncycig:
Thanks for the introduction and please post some pics!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Frogswelcomev.gif

welcome to our group!

Glad you joined

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard! :sun_smiley:

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! And hello Dr. Dave, fellow So.Cal ponder! Escondido - such a pretty area. Lucky you!

This ponding adventure is pricey at times but so worth it. Well, maybe not the multiple cans of black foam that DH has gone through cuz he tends to make foam monsters instead of just plugging the holes. Seriously heavy trigger finger there!

Btw, we have 4 fish so far. Three koi and one goldie. We had them in the old pond for about a year before we built the new one. They are loving the big pond! They are still rather small, maybe 8". We'll get a few more but don't intend to have too many.

Ok, off to check out more of the forum. Love all your pics!

Reaction score
pinon ponder said:
Hello to all! I'm so happy to have found this wonderful forum of fellow ponders! Hubby and I live on 5 acres on the northern foothills of the beautiful San Gabriel mountains in southern California. We put in a small (1000 gal) pond a couple of years ago, one of our first rookie ponding mistakes. Should have made it bigger! So we did just that in May. We also located the the new pond closer to our house and deck. It is ~ 15'x11'x3' with a two tiered waterfall. We are still tweaking the waterfall and its rocks but the skippy we made from a preform pond seems to be working well and water cleared up in just a few days once it was up and running. Whoo hoo! We can see the bottom! :)

I will post pics soon of our progress but wanted to say a big thanks to all of you who contribute your expertise and encouragement so generously. What an awesome bunch of ponders! :bowdown:

Diana

We'll be looking forward to those pictures, Diana!:lol:

Ask a Question