Hello from the northern tip of the lower 48.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My grandparents owned a building in town, beside the post office. It used to be RBJ gun and pawn. The post office rented the other half of the bottom floor, there were like 8 apartments upstairs, and my very first job ever was cleaning the front foyer, stairs, and helping around there. If you happen to know folks that have been there over 20 years, they might know of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
My grandparents owned a building in town, beside the post office. It used to be RBJ gun and pawn. The post office rented the other half of the bottom floor, there were like 8 apartments upstairs, and my very first job ever was cleaning the front foyer, stairs, and helping around there. If you happen to know folks that have been there over 20 years, they might know of it.
What did they do? Paper mill? Cattle? I’m always curious about Cook. Strange little town. How old is it? Besides Vermillion, potlatch (down right now) and cattle farms, there ain’t much except the mines.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
What did they do? Paper mill? Cattle? I’m always curious about Cook. Strange little town. How old is it? Besides Vermillion, potlatch (down right now) and cattle farms, there ain’t much except the mines.
The Canadian Rail goes through there. Must have been a depot there at some point.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They had an antique store/ gun repair/ pawn shop. My grandma did the antiques, he did the gun work, and they both did the pawn side of things. Ruth and Jim Black. He had 32 years in the Army, retired to have a little farm, lost his leg in a mowing accident. He was my hero.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh, if it’s still open, and still does it, there’s a place near there called the south switch. Restaurant. Only place I’d order fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
They had an antique store/ gun repair/ pawn shop. My grandma did the antiques, he did the gun work, and they both did the pawn side of things. Ruth and Jim Black. He had 32 years in the Army, retired to have a little farm, lost his leg in a mowing accident. He was my hero.
Cool! I am a little bit of a local history buff. Iron Range is full of stories and interesting folk.

Ask a Question