hello from wales.

Reaction score
hi all, my name is andy i run southwalesfishrescue,i have been keeping pond fish for 20 years before setting up the rescue site, i have always wanted to get big into tanks but space is at a premium. mmmmm maby when the kids move out me thinks?.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome670.jpg

Welcome to our group! Glad you help save the lil fishes

Yep kick the kids out make room for fish tanks!

Reaction score
thanks addy1, i have tried thay come back like boomerangs. lolol

thanks fantaildaz, if your ever thinking of comming back, dont, barrys gon sooooodown hill, no cinima, no fair ground, the place has gone to the dogs, shame it was a nice town.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome andy and is that a hint to your kids .I think with the economy all over things are getting worse and no matter what they say I have not seen any improvement here or any where .I just wonder how bad it is going to get .We just have to hang on and hope for the best .

Reaction score
yup shore is lollol. note to self, grow my fingernails longer to hang on with, lol . its just a shame to see a once bussling seaside resort end up a suburb of cardiff.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lot of nice small towns have disappeared or been absorbed into the big towns. It is sad.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
fishwelcome6.gif
Andy
Put up some pix of your fish and ponds. Nice that you rescue them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Welcome, Andy! I second the motion for pictures of fish and ponds! I have 2 aquariums in the house, and another 55 gal in the garage right now, ready for using to sell goldfish from ... when the need arises. Thanks for being a fish rescue place. What types or sizes of fish do you typically rescue? Tell us some of your rescue stories. I've never heard of fish rescue. Interesting!!!

Reaction score
thank you Dr case, from andy case. lol.
thank you becky.
i had a rescue in bridgend it was an old lady. whose husband has died. she couldent sell them becase it would become another lost connection between her and her dead hubby. ( he had had them 25 years) and this would mean that she would have to split them up and she coudent bear the thought, after here daughter had convinced here to sell them due to the fact she was to old to care for them and the pond was going down hill becase she couldent part with them,it took months to convince here to part with them. her daughter came across us before she placed an ad on gumtree. the mother was distrought untill she found out we give them a home for life.
and was so relived to know that we give them a home for life that. but then soooo hart broken becase she was loseing a connection.
it was moving becase she stood in the window watching them being removed. becase she couldent bring herself to come out.and i will never forget the look on her face of sheer sadness.as she stood in the window.
she was sooo glad we had had them, and the daughter said if it wasent for your free service i dont think she would of sold them even if she had a buyer.
we left her with 10 1 inch gold fish so she manage them. after removing 72 fish. if she becomes incapable of looking after these fish she will have us collect them to go with the others.
i also rescued a 3 ft koi from a 6 ft long 3 ft wide 2ft deep pond, i have no idea how it servived the water was like mud soup.

i donot want to think i am here to spam the forum crazy, that is not my intension, i wish to network myself with other ppl and not be a stranger behind a avitar that no one knows, as ppl meet me on other sites and this one,thay will get to know me and understand that i have only the welfere of the fish in mind, i am not here to get ppl to defect from this forum or break up any comunity of fish lovers, i hope some of you will become a members of our forum to show your support for our cause. and maby pop in from time to time to see how we are doing and say hello. all members work for free and i make no monies from ads or take a wage. so dont think that if you join i am somehow making money off you, we are for the welfare of the fish and to highten the awareness of the public that fish are pets too.
i wrote this quick sooooo excuse my spelling mistakes.

regards andy case.

Reaction score
p.s. thank you countryescape and j.w aswell
i will try to post some pics up of my ponds. but i am a bit buisy with finishing off the forum. i will post in the next few days but if you want to see them asap they are on our rescue site in pictures, we only show the ponds becase we dont want undesirables to scope out our place, we have cctv on our ponds and high fences, becase we have some valueble fish. and attemps have already been made to steel them. we found binliners and a net one day where our ponds are so we have had to beef things up. how the hell thay thought thay would get out with them in bin bags i dont know. :mad:

Ask a Question