hello Texas here!!! :)

Reaction score
Yes we love animals I have 4 baby turtles, 2 rabbits, 3 dogs, a chinchilla, and 4 aquariums and of course the pond. Thanks ill keep adding and fixing it up. I love everyone's ponds sincerely they are amazing.

Reaction score
I'm dying for a turtle! They don't sell here in Cayman. They are not allowed to import them. :(

My boys have dogs, a cat, hamsters, hermit crabs, aquariums and of course the pond. The boys are bugging me for a rabbit, BUT I just feel like I have too many things to look out for already. lol

Reaction score
I'm dying for a turtle! They don't sell here in Cayman. They are not allowed to import them. :(

My boys have dogs, a cat, hamsters, hermit crabs, aquariums and of course the pond. The boys are bugging me for a rabbit, BUT I just feel like I have too many things to look out for already. lol

Rabbits are easy to take care off my 5yr old girl always feeds them. Are hermit crabs hard to take of? That's how I feel right now as will. I do the cleaning and feeding and go to college. I just got my hands full lol

Reaction score
Rabbits are easy to take care off my 5yr old girl always feeds them. Are hermit crabs hard to take of? That's how I feel right now as will. I do the cleaning and feeding and go to college. I just got my hands full lol

NO! Hermit crabs are awesome! We have them in a 10 gall tank. We use sand (about 4 inches on the bottom, they like to bury themselves). They need lots of rocks and sticks to climb on. We feed them veggie/fruit scraps, you can also buy hermit crab food. We found shells for them to 'upgrade' to. They outgrow the shells and need new ones. We actually 'semi' 'unofficially' operate a bit of a rescue for the hermit crabs. They are wild here and we find them wearing snail shells, or trash really and bring them in, let them chose a new home, keep them a day or two to be sure they fill up on food and water and let them go.

We change the sand about every two months, so its no hassle at all. You do have to be sure the little fingers understand that they bite and they can not be dropped (smashes their insides).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome;) I'm a newbie too. I too have a house full of critters;) my sister says I think I'm Snow White lol.
Congo African grey parrot
Bunny
2 chihuahuas
1 rickety old cat
Aquarium
Pond
Anyhoo.. Nice beginning, getting water balance is key and growing from there is the fun part. I had a small one like that when I started. When I figured out all the fun stuff I bought a good shovel. Lol.

Reaction score
Welcome;) I'm a newbie too. I too have a house full of critters;) my sister says I think I'm Snow White lol.
Congo African grey parrot
Bunny
2 chihuahuas
1 rickety old cat
Aquarium
Pond
Anyhoo.. Nice beginning, getting water balance is key and growing from there is the fun part. I had a small one like that when I started. When I figured out all the fun stuff I bought a good shovel. Lol.
Hahaha they call me pocahontas lol I love and enjoy having all my babies. I've been wanting a cockatoo badly lol. I know hopefully next year I'll have a cement pond with a beautiful waterfall. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well Pocahontas, you can call me snow. Lol
Max is a baby. He'll be a year in May. Lotta work. Oh Pocahontas...a lot of work. Hahaha. I love him dearly though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No not always they stay inside (my bunnies) but I don't like my animals in cages so when I'm outside I like to take them out to get fresh air :) I removed the stones and planted plants but my dogs lay on them :( Idk what else to do lol I try to do a little by little. It gets expensive lol. I have a mini zoo plus a veggie garden I'm barley starting so I got a lot going on.

I have house bunnies too :)

My pond has a small picket fence around it to keep our dogs out. I was afraid of them either getting my fish or falling in :wideyed:

Ask a Question