Hello

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 500 gallon Koi/goldfish pond that I built about 7 years ago. This year something is eating the eyeballs from my fish. I lost 3 fish in the last 3 weeks. Never had a problem before this. I am thinking it is a raccoon but I know they don't go in the water and I can't figure out how it is catching them. It leaves the dead fish on the cement. So sad. Anyone have any solutions. I did put a net over my pond today to help protect the 5 I have left.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum

Sorry about your feeding problem

Reaction score
WELCOME to our forum! :wave: Sorry to hear about your fish :( how big were the fish? I wouldnt think raccoons would be stealthy enough to catch 3 fish. They might get lucky and catch 1, unless your fish are very friendly, or you have shallows where they can sit and wait.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bummer hope you figure it out

Welcome to our group

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Welcome... Sorry about the fish. Maybe try a motion detection webcam... that may help narrow down what's going after the fish...

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I put a net over the pond so hopefully this will help. The fish were a good size about a foot long. Motion detection web cam sounds really cool...I may look into that :)

Ask a Question