Hello

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Dawn. I hope you allow non pond owners to join your little forum. I've been browsing the pictures some of you have posted and wish I had some land to create my own pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hellobirdie88-1.gif
DragonflyDawn
You are very welcome here and sounds like you like the idea of having a pond. We can prepare you for that ahead of time so that somewhere down the line if you ever get the land to have one you'll be ready. Sounds like you like dragonflies too and I love them also and love seeing them around my pond. We talk about all kinds of other stuff here so feel free to join in :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Dawn, Welcome to gpf. The best time to learn about ponds is before you actually build one so you can avoid a lot of common mistakes.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group, ponds become addictive! so get ready for the addiction.

Reaction score
Hellobirdie88-1.gif
DragonflyDawn
You are very welcome here and sounds like you like the idea of having a pond. We can prepare you for that ahead of time so that somewhere down the line if you ever get the land to have one you'll be ready. Sounds like you like dragonflies too and I love them also and love seeing them around my pond. We talk about all kinds of other stuff here so feel free to join in :razz:

couldn't have said it better

perhaps you might consider doing just a water feature for your porch or deck or somehwere you sit outside until you can figure how to incorporate something larger
fountain.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! yup yup a water feature is a neat idea if you cant put in a pond! This is mine

Attachments

• P6193617.JPG
    P6193617.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 148
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Don't ask...I'm thinking of doing like yours...with the rocks under mine and placing a pump inside them to flow the water back into my water feature as I can not leave it running continuously (more than a day ) since it would run dry if I did...darn wind around here. It only holds about 2 gallons of water and figure if I'd put a pump on the bottom of it in rocks it could last longer and not run dry.

Reaction score
Don't ask...I'm thinking of doing like yours...with the rocks under mine and placing a pump inside them to flow the water back into my water feature as I can not leave it running continuously (more than a day ) since it would run dry if I did...darn wind around here. It only holds about 2 gallons of water and figure if I'd put a pump on the bottom of it in rocks it could last longer and not run dry.

thanks rebelangel but i can't take credit for having this although I, do like it and now may consider doing something along those lines as well

Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I used to have a 3 tiered waterfall effect on the balcony. It was 3 jugs with water falling from 1 to the next and ending in a large one in the bottom. My neighbor could hear it and he'd complain that he'd have to go to the bathroom everytime he stepped out his door. I'm othen not home during the week so I'd unplug it. Then I'd get algea build up. I finally let it run for the week and it went dry and died. I now have an indoor waterfall that hangs on my wall inside the appartment.

Yes. I love dragonflies when I was younger we lived near the marsh. I would watch them for hours

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard Dawn, Sure your welcome to join and not have a pond. many here joined up and built later or are still in planning stages. may want to look for the new issue of Ponds USA magazine. Petsmarts, Books a million and some other stores carry them. the new issue has a article on patio ponds. neat ideas and and many are designed for apartments and small yards and patios.

Ask a Question