Help anyone have any ideas ?????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I need help , this afternoon the gardener was in to remove the yuka tree from our garden next to the filter housing .
I was showing my friend Brian's work mate all the koi we have in the pond and I accidentally dropped the magnetic sun glasses into the pond .
The problem is we cant see them as they are the same colour as the bottom of the pond, we tried to trawl for it with the pancake net but nothing it didnt didnt get caught up by it .
We spent the best part of an hour trying to snag them but to no avail :(
So at the moment the koi are wearing them but I'm out of ideas as recovering them .
Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever as to how to first see them [we put up the parasol but that didnt help], then does anyone have any ideas as to how to catch them ???
Both Val and I are open to suggestions :)

Dave

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My wife and I had our boat at on dock, on a river. She dropped the only set of car keys we had into the murky water. A guy had an extendable magnet. He dangled it into the 5 foot deep water and retrieved her keys.
A strong magnet on a long string is mandatory on a boat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
With you there found an old fish tank magnet a rather powerful square one which cleaned the 10ml plate on my old indoor koi setup
dandv01.jpg

We are waiting for it to get dark before going out to fish for it only then can we shine a torch to the bottom of the pond spot it then put the magnet over it , the smaller magnet on the sunglasses should then be attracted to the magnet and its ours , however if they have gon down into the bottom drain then I'll have to fish it out of the first filter in amongst the fish poop :sick:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx Peter sadly had to get rid of it and moved outside to ourr now pond my friend :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question