HELP - I left my hose in the pond overnight (24 hours!)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I spent the extra money on the digital one with the digital gallon meter on it .When I rebuilt the pond last year I wanted to know how many gallons pond held exactly .But the downfall of it is the batteries go dead .The cheaper one is better as you just put an extended hose piece on the water spigot and just set it and forget it .I have a splitter on my hose spigot one goes to the timer and the other just goes to a hose that I use to water my plants with and I use 2 different color of hoses so I know which is which .The 1 hose also stays in the pond area and it is the orange hose

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
also while you are there check on the pool thermometer as it has big numbers and better than the pond one .The pond ones are hard to see and the pool ones window to read is way bigger

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
My hubs did that a couple months ago--he set the hose and forgot it overnight. We are on a well too for the pond during the warmer months. The fish were no worse for the wear afterward--a week later is when we finally realized we had baby koi in the pond as well, so even baby fish survived a complete water change.

Ask a Question