Help Needed Small DYI Presurized Bio Filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I originally planned to under stock the pond, but after an impulse buy, some rescues, plus the goldfish I originally planned to get I'm now a bit overstocked. Water is crystal clear and I test regularly with no issues. I'm just trying to be pro-active instead of re-active as I know the fish will keep growing.

Pictures of yard + pond attached
Thanks for rescuing goldfish, smart to be proactive, and good luck with it all. Nice looking pond and landscaping.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
this is why i'd lean toward ribbon

Filter Media
.​
smsf01.jpg
Savio Springflo Bio-Filter Media is a polypropylene and calcium carbonate ribbon. The embossed pattern creates millions of dimples to rapidly secure and develop bacteria. Easy to use and maintain, inexpensive, and resists channeling, clogging, and compaction in up-flow and horizontal flow environments. 180 square feet of surface area per box. Fills 2-3 cubic feet. Each box is enough to filter approximately 1000 gallons.

SpringFlow.jpg
smsf01-3.jpg
SKUDescription
Price
Order
SAV218 Savio Springflo Bio Filter Media
55.95​
Order Pond Care Algae Blocker
SAV219 Savio Springflo Media Bag
8.95​
Atlantic Filter Falls BioBag Pond Filter Media
Atlantic Filterfalls BioBag comes with 1 cubic foot of Bio Tech Filter Media. Promotes the growth of water filtering bacteria.
th_bb100_bio_bag_media.jpg
SKUDescription
Price
Order
ATLBB1000 Atlantic Bio Filter Media
21.95​
Bacti_twistmedia.jpg
Black Bacti-Twist Pond Filter Media
This black, spiral shaped plastic filter media has been designed for filtration in garden ponds and other aquatic systems. Loose fill media will fit into any filter box or pond filter, including up flow filters, trickling biofilters and pressurized filter systems.
This filter media provides a large surface area of 95 square foot of space per cubic foot for beneficial bacteria to colonize. Each cubic foot of Black Bacti Twist Pond Filter Material is packaged in a black nylon mesh bag.
SKUDescription
Price
Order
BACT1001
Bio Balls Black Plastic Pond Biomedia
enables handling of large biological loads with smaller filter area.
One gallon = approximately 225 bio balls which = surface area of approximately 21.5 sq.ft.
Use approximately 1 gal per 45-60 gal
bio_balls.jpg
SKUDescription
Price
Order
POLAF7911 gal of bioballs
POLAF7925 gal of bioballs
POLAF793Bulk approx 9600 bioballs
Laguna 350 Gram BioMax Pond Filter Biomedia
Laguna Bio-Max Pond Filter Media

Laguna Bio-Max Biological Filter Media provides a large surface area for beneficial nitrifying bacteria to colonize. Helps to maintain healthy, biological conditions by removing toxic ammonia and nitrites. Easy to clean.
Laguna BioMax Pond Filter Media is supplied in a 350g Box
SKUDescription
Price
Order
Lag0560Laguna Bio-Max Pond filter media
img2.jpg

Ask a Question