Help on temporary construction

Reaction score
Hi - I am exhibiting at a local garden show and I intend to install a temporary raised pond (for 3 days in total). I have purchased an Atlantis Lagoon 160 gal pre-formed fibreglass pond and had built a strong wooded rectangular structure in which to drop the pond. I will fill the area between the rigid pond and wooden housing with wood chippings or sand. Can someone please advise me on the most suitable and if the pond will be safe. The chap in the shop said it would be fine on a temporary basis. Many thanks in advance

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think that would do, you have the walls supported just fine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wood chips may settle more than the sand would .With sand you could go with a nice beach type set up .Shells and a little light house .You could put a small crate or flower pot in the middle of the pond and set the light house on top and make it look like an island .Add some little boats and some little people on the sea shore .How cute would that be .

Reaction score
If the preformed pond has shelves on it that are not supported by the ground, those will be the most important to support. I might just put a cinder block under them if you can get it level.

Ask a Question