All my bulk head fittings came with 2 gaskets 1 inside and 1 outside

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
All my bulk head fittings came with 2 gaskets 1 inside and 1 outside

Yes and I'm wondering why these heavy duty ones only come with 1 for the inside. I saved the ones From the other bulkheads and cleaned them up with turpentine so they're like new. I only have 2 extra gaskets so the return on the top isn't under pressure so one inside should be sufficient.
Thx Sissy . btw - Where's meyer these days? Is all well? Usually he'll pop in. I haven't been on much as the summer keeps me either out or away but haven't seen his posts ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sadly he passed away .The bulkhead I showed was I think a 3 inch one .It was the one I was installing in the new stock tank filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Sadly he passed away .The bulkhead I showed was I think a 3 inch one .It was the one I was installing in the new stock tank filter

Oh gee, so sad! I was wondering where he was as he always came into a conversation. He was extremely knowledgable. He certainly will be missed. RIP Meyer !!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
For sealing to irregular shapes, good old fashioned plumbers putty works quite well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
plumbers putty can freeze at low temps. I know the sink drain in the guest house leaked after the electric went out 5 years ago and no heat in there .Electric was only out 2 days .I was hoping when it thawed it would get pliable but nope it just dried and cracked and flaked off and had to take it apart and redo it .I can remember it used to not do that and it was not old stuff .I bought the can before I had installed the sink I bought by only 4 days .Had a hard time finding a small sink and brother had one from his grill

Ask a Question