Zone 5b

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
With some water movement, it may not eliminate them but it should help some. Why do you jump on people and their comments? You can get your point accross without being so mean.

OK, let's not get into this type of discussion, please!!!! It's not necessary, doesn't help the OP solve his/her problem -- it only gets everyone's hackles up and starts arguments. If you want to debate [AKA, argue], start a separate thread to address the issue.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
I don't mean to start an argument. I am new here and everyone else seems to be nice, i didn't think his comment was called for, that's all. I am sorry if I was out of line

Last edited:
Reaction score
We live in mosquito-ville here. Sometimes we can't go out its so bad.

I was worried about the pond, BUT the fish definitely eat any that maybe in the pond. The problem has not increased with the pond around. I had also thought frogs might be a problem - not the case.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Snoozer, In every forum there are always a few special people.Your observation that everyone seems to be nice is mostly true. Welcome to the forum! CK

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi! I am new to the forum. I have a small backyard pond that needs cleaning before the mosquitoes take over! I am in Dallas. Since March 1 I have been working with a company that has canceled and canceled on me - 4 times actually. I give up and need a recommendation from people who know a reliable complany. Thanks for any info!

I'm in Dallas as well. Can you PM me the company name? Sadly I haven't had much luck either. Angie's list gave me Sublime Water Gardens but they are slow to get back to you. The work is ok to good I've had them out to clean and they installed my equipment. But they are far from cheap. 400 dollars just to clean.

One thing I ran into was bids on a 12x10x3.5 deep pond I have and wanted to put Oklahoma sandstone around it just the border and build a stone waterfall and the bids are outrageous! 8k!!! That's more than the pond equipment and the installation!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't mean to start an argument. I am new here and everyone else seems to be nice, i didn't think his comment was called for, that's all. I am sorry if I was out of line
You are fine, sometimes posting gets heated. We try to keep the negative out of the forum. Everybody has their own opinions, people need to learn how to post without an attack or a nasty type comment. And if there is a disagreement disagree nicely

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use oase pondovac 3 and hear the 4 is even better. I love mine it works great

I would love to use a vac, but do not want to hurt my tads, snails, dragon fly larvae, wish they made a critter friendly vac.

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
I use oase pondovac 3 and hear the 4 is even better. I love mine it works great

So how does this thing work? Doesn't it suck water with all the junk at the bottom? does it return the clean water back to pond? I don't want to have to refill my pond if my eater is good. My pond is always Crystal clear but the muck and algae that covers the bottom bothers me. I want the rocks to be squeaky clean also.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have a powder you can put in your pond that floats the stuff to the top and you just net it off .Your rocks may look clean for a week but muck will happen .I used my shop vac 1 year with a wet filter and used a hose on the outlet with a laundry basket in my waterfall filled with quilt batting and furnace filters .It worked, but sucked up taddies and baby fish and snails .Never did that again .:(.I hope you find someone as lou ,seemed like they did a great job on his pond .ouch that much and i complain about a heat pump costing almost 7 thousand

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
They have a powder you can put in your pond that floats the stuff to the top and you just net it off .Your rocks may look clean for a week but muck will happen .I used my shop vac 1 year with a wet filter and used a hose on the outlet with a laundry basket in my waterfall filled with quilt batting and furnace filters .It worked, but sucked up taddies and baby fish and snails .Never did that again .:(.I hope you find someone as lou ,seemed like they did a great job on his pond .ouch that much and i complain about a heat pump costing almost 7 thousand

Do you know what the powder stuff is called? Is this it?

http://www.amazon.com/Pondcare-Pond..._sbs_lg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0D8CKKW8BBBG026DQXV3

I really like microblift products so I was gonna order this

http://www.amazon.com/Microbe-Lift-...F8&qid=1399402746&sr=8-1&keywords=Sludge+away

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think that was close .I got mine from petco or petsmart and used it in my preformed after i had already moved the fish to the bigger pond .It was over 10 years ago ,but know I got it locally back then .I know it said it was harmless to fish .it went in and sunk to the bottom and stuff just floated to the top .

Ask a Question