Help! Pond pump stopped and I cant find it

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have a small pond with waterfall in my backyard. The pump stopped working. I have no doubt I can most likely fix the pump, the problem I’m having is I can’t find the pump. Can somebody please help me locate the pump or give me an idea where is at? There’s only dirt and a retaining wall behind it, I haven’t found anything on the sides. I’m assuming it’s in the water but I really don’t have a clue. Any help would be very appreciated. It’s covered in algae right now because the pump stopped. P.s. There are frogs or something in there so I don’t have the heart to put anything in it that may harm the animals. Thanks again:)

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    518.9 KB · Views: 39

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
You are going to have to trace back from the power or the hose/water output. Some setups have pumps in a vault or skimmer, often hidden by rocks. Looks like you have a sump pump in the picture, if it is in the pond, that should uncover it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Was it working previously?

Where does the water exit into the pond — at the waterfall? Track the tubing. Or, find a power cord. I see what looks like cable or tubing among the rocks — what do those go to? Is there a filter of any kind? How deep is the pond — fish around with a long-handled net?

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are going to have to trace back from the power or the hose/water output. Some setups have pumps in a vault or skimmer, often hidden by rocks. Looks like you have a sump pump in the picture, if it is in the pond, that should uncover

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok. I still haven’t found it, I’m posting more pictures that might help a bit. Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_6070.jpeg
    IMG_6070.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6071.jpeg
    IMG_6071.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Country
United States
Forgot to mention that I’m having trouble following power anywhere. Everything is buried really well. My original post has the picture of the pond itself at the top so you get the whole picture as I’m sure you already see that :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The Malibu is for lights. The white float looking thing is most likely, a auto water fill.
The black handle is a ball valve to control water flow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh it for lights! I didn’t know that. So in your opinion is the pump in the water or buried somewhere or hiding somewhere around the outside. Thanks so much for the info.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking at the label best guess.

The pump needs power, do you see any cord. Leading somewhere, follow the power.

Most likely it is in the pond, submersible. did you look under that white float, or feel under it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In your first picture I see two black lines, what do they lead to.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at the label best guess.

The pump needs power, do you see any cord. Leading somewhere, follow the power.

Most likely it is in the pond, submersible. did you look under that white float, or feel under it
I’ll have to take another look at the power situation, it goes underground and I lose it pretty quick. I was hoping I could find it some other way rather then digging everything up but I’ll do it if I have to. No I haven’t checked under the float I’m definitely gonna do that today, thanks for the idea, hopefully it’s there.

Ask a Question