help repairing concrete fishpond.

Reaction score
Hello all. im a newbie. I was doing some garden maintanance and for a covered up pond in my garden. its not massive but is teardrop shaped and made of concrete. now, there are a few cracks on the sides and around the bottom . how can i repair these? can i cement them of use pond liners? or fill the cracks with expanding foam and cement over? any info would be great thanks. joe.

Attachments

• DSCF0089.JPG
    DSCF0089.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF0091.JPG
    DSCF0091.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCF0093.JPG
    DSCF0093.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 311

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
YellowFish.gif
joepaul
I'm thinking it might just be easier in the long run to put in a liner and if you have the room and the energy to dig a bigger hole you could expand your old one w/ a bigger liner.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and cheapest would be to fill in the cracks and then put in a liner .You put a liner on top of those size cracks and the liner could get pinched in the crack during freeze thaw times .Cracks will grow over time also and filling them in will keep you liner from getting destroyed .I would take the cement out and make it even easier like jw says less headaches down the road and with a pond it can sometimes be a long road

Ask a Question