Help with solar powered garden globes please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We have 5 of these glass solar powered rainbow led garden globes around the pond... It seems to have a bad connection because if I squeeze together the solar piece and sort of angle it, it will sometimes light but mainly flicker until i got it in just the right spot.

Is there a way I can repair this myself because my husband took these apart and said that the battery is touching the connections where it should (we also thought that it was not charging)... we cannot figure out whats wrong exactly. There is a switch on the underside too that reads on and off. These were 15 bucks a piece- I would like to save these... they are really beautiful when on and being made of glass the whole thing illuminates brightly!!!

I am crazy enough to rewire the whole thing if I have to.

Sorry if this is not in the right section- no idea where to put them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have you tried taking the battery out and cleaning and bending the little battery holder part out a little .The battery sometimes gets loose .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Yes... one had a loose wire. We soldiered that one... the others were dirty inside (i still see condensation on the inside of the one so I have to get that out and put some silicone around the base of it because it had gaps in it originally)... I found some rechargeable batteries for solar powered lights too so they are now in. I hope they work tonight. I managed to test it with a regular AA battery and they lit. I guess they needed a good cleaning and new batteries... except for the one! Thanks for the suggestions. I had no idea that they could get so dirty in 2 and a half months out there!!!!!

Ask a Question