help!

Reaction score
i just put up a 4ft fence in my backyard. when i was digging the post holes they would strt filling with water when i got about 12-15 inches deep.part of the reason for the fence was to create a pond but now i am not sure if i can with all that water back there.has anyone got any experience with a situation like this?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I think we need more information. Like the topography of your yard, proximetry to irrigation or natural springs, rain conditions, your location, etc.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! i live outside of philly but on the jersey side. my yard used to flood bad,then i had a couple dump trucks full of top soil delivered and spread. the yard doesnt really flood anymore but it does gets soggy for days sometimes. my neighbor floods bad and he told me that some of the flood is from rain water but most of it is already there 6-10 in under grade. (mosquitoes are terrible out there too!!!) i was thinking about digging a ditch and trying to pump the water out to the street...any suggestions?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I think i would make a raised pond,,,,If the ground water is that high ,it will float your liner up.

Ask a Question