Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a small pond 6ft long 4 foot wide 14 inches deep above ground. I thought it was 18 but turns out to b 14 inches. I wraped plastic then insulation then plastic again. Moved it to the back of the house where its warmer. I have goldfish in it. If i keep my pump running and water movement so my water doesn’t freeze will my babies survive the winter? We live in mid missouri with sometimes we have harsh below freezi g for several days but almost very mild winters. Help i don’t know what to do

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
hello5.gif
and welcome @Dturner
I guess it will just depend on what kind of a winter is thrown at you. I am in zone 8b and I keep my pump running and waterfall too but my pond is 3&1/2ft deep. You might want to keep a heater on hand to put in during those really cold spells. Like a cattle trough heater or something. I've never had one so can't tell you which kind is best. The plastic cover and insulation should help also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks; i got one for back up( trough heater). I even bought 6ml swimming pool bubble cover. I just hate it being so darn shallow. It is definitely getting replaced come spring lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks; i got one for back up( trough heater). I even bought 6ml swimming pool bubble cover. I just hate it being so darn shallow. It is definitely getting replaced come spring lol
As long as you have one hole in the ice and the pond is not frozen solid hopefully the fish will be ok w/the heater.

Ask a Question