Here we go -- FINALLY! A pond for wildlife...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I purchased 6 fish over the winter from Koi Market as they have a live web sale on Saturdays and i couldn't help myself. 3 18 inch and two 6 inch

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
They're baaaaccck...
The midnight marauders were in the pond again and ate the lilies. Surprise! (Not surprised at all.)
I have ordered a scarecrow sprinkler and that is going to be my last attempt at keeping the deer away.
They stood on the lotus planter to get to some of the lily pads and completely dumped it over. The water is still too cold for me to get in and fix it, so it will just have to stay there a while.
I have been experimenting with painting my fake lily pads. They still don't look totally natural, but they are looking better.
If nothing else, this pond adventure is keeping me out of trouble!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They eat any of mine they can reach from the edge, knocking in stones, etc. End up yanking some totally out of the pots. I have enough a few get eaten , most survive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Mine is too deep for them to walk in, and netted.
@Addy and anyone else. This is weird. Has anyone else experienced a weird change on the site? I just went to add a comment to my own thread and it wouldn't let me. I'm logged in as myself. There was a box down at the bottom for me to type in but the cursor wouldn't even register there. I had to click "reply" to Addy's comment above. Is it something with the forum? Very odd.
Anyway -- we have entered a new era in the Battle with the Deer (aka the War Between the Species.) I bought a scarecrow. It's actually the Black and Decker version. So far, I had a good time seeing it scare the neighbor's cat. That in itself was almost worth the cost of the device! My prediction is that it will scare the deer for a while -- but not forever. They will probably treat it like a Shower Massage.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They're baaaaccck...
The midnight marauders were in the pond again and ate the lilies. Surprise! (Not surprised at all.)
I have ordered a scarecrow sprinkler and that is going to be my last attempt at keeping the deer away.
They stood on the lotus planter to get to some of the lily pads and completely dumped it over. The water is still too cold for me to get in and fix it, so it will just have to stay there a while.
I have been experimenting with painting my fake lily pads. They still don't look totally natural, but they are looking better.
If nothing else, this pond adventure is keeping me out of trouble!
Electric fence turn it on at night, but they are smart they will jump over it so it has to be with that in mind.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Addy and anyone else. This is weird. Has anyone else experienced a weird change on the site? I just went to add a comment to my own thread and it wouldn't let me. I'm logged in as myself. There was a box down at the bottom for me to type in but the cursor wouldn't even register there. I had to click "reply" to Addy's comment above. Is it something with the forum? Very odd.
Anyway -- we have entered a new era in the Battle with the Deer (aka the War Between the Species.) I bought a scarecrow. It's actually the Black and Decker version. So far, I had a good time seeing it scare the neighbor's cat. That in itself was almost worth the cost of the device! My prediction is that it will scare the deer for a while -- but not forever. They will probably treat it like a Shower Massage.
Another thing that will work and if you move it now and then it should double up and possibly do the job and that is those dancing blow up characters Than fan kicking on will get their attention then when it blows up to 8 feet tall and moving that will get them running.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel

I had that happen a few weeks ago. Couldn't reply, or even "like" comments. I was able to log in using Firefox, rather than Chrome (my usual browser). Then, after a week or so, I was able to comment again on Chrome. Probably a caching issue.
Ha! This should be interesting!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Another thing that will work and if you move it now and then it should double up and possibly do the job and that is those dancing blow up characters Than fan kicking on will get their attention then when it blows up to 8 feet tall and moving that will get them running.
I would love to do that!

Ask a Question