Here we go -- FINALLY! A pond for wildlife...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very cool seeing you have got the upper hand on Bambi. Love seeing the planning to the construction and growth.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Here are a few shots of the front yard pond as well:
The deer have eaten the lilies in here this year, so they are coming back in slowly.
I think this is the first picture I've seen of your front yard pond. That waterfall is stupendous! The whole effect is peaceful and probably sounds wonderful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Here are a few shots of the front yard pond as well:
The deer have eaten the lilies in here this year, so they are coming back in slowly.
Both of your ponds are gorgeous. I now have lotus envy. I like the branch anti-deer screen. I understand your point, but it is a nice alternative to 10 foot tall chain link with turrets and deer-chasing staff who would yell 24x7.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've told you before your pond build was the inspiration for me to build my own this Spring. Really love how yours came out with the plantings all around. My build has been a slow go, hopefully will get the bog done this weekend. We had a lot of rocks to deal with, taking out of the area and then putting back in after the liner went in. Rain has been ridiculous in MA, just about every weekend since Memorial Day has had some rain. Thanks again for this thread.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've told you before your pond build was the inspiration for me to build my own this Spring. Really love how yours came out with the plantings all around. My build has been a slow go, hopefully will get the bog done this weekend. We had a lot of rocks to deal with, taking out of the area and then putting back in after the liner went in. Rain has been ridiculous in MA, just about every weekend since Memorial Day has had some rain. Thanks again for this thread.
Gosh we are usually the place out here in Washington that is complaining about too much rain! We are getting lots of dry, warm weather this year. We need rain!
Oh but we will get it eventually, it never fails :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gosh we are usually the place out here in Washington that is complaining about too much rain! We are getting lots of dry, warm weather this year. We need rain!
Oh but we will get it eventually, it never fails :joyful:
Lol, I am sure you will. Of course the last couple of summers have been a drought, but the year I want to build a pond has to be a deluge (raining again as I type this).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lol, I am sure you will. Of course the last couple of summers have been a drought, but the year I want to build a pond has to be a deluge (raining again as I type this).
Free water but just wait, when you get it all ready for water it will stop raining of course :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks, everyone! The cool thing about the waterfall in front is how the plants have grown on their own. The moss showed up there and grew and grew. The fern just showed up. The bog bean (that would never do anything for years) just suddenly decided to creep up in there. The creeping Jenny started on the outside and then just grew down into the moss.
Nature does what it wants!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone! The cool thing about the waterfall in front is how the plants have grown on their own. The moss showed up there and grew and grew. The fern just showed up. The bog bean (that would never do anything for years) just suddenly decided to creep up in there. The creeping Jenny started on the outside and then just grew down into the moss.
Nature does what it wants!
Looks great how it filled in. You are lucky that you can get Creeping Jenny, in the wonderful state of MA they do not allow it to be sold. I was able to get some shipped from an online nursery that was selling it as moneywort, so it slipped through lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I personally love all the sticks around the natural pond - looks like it belongs out in the woods! Great job lady!

Ask a Question