hi all from whiskey mildenhall suffolk uk

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Scarborough is about a half-hour drive west of us, provided the traffic is reasonable. We're a few minutes north of Bowmanville, best known for its zoo, which provides elephants and camels for parades, and of course the world's best garden centre! John

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi to moderators you have my blessing if you wish to move this thread to the ..d.i.y. section....just seems a fitting place to store this thread, so future d.i.y.ers have a chance to see and plan there own constution. many thanks whiskey

whiskey

Reaction score
Thanks dr.dave ........update on wheel.........taken off to seal timbers and paint. [ so to match rest of garden] plus changed lower shute to flat tray, as concerns of water quality, looked dirty inside 6" deeptray, as not being completely replenished, with flat tray all water return to pond for filter treatment. will update photos and video once done.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like just some nice finishing touches. Will look forward to seeing your final photos/video of that wonderful wheel in action!

whiskey

Reaction score
NEW VIDEO hi guys been awhile, latest video shows water wheel finished to match rest of garden. Ive changed the tray under wheel to flat , now only fresh clean water flows, but has lost a little of its character, may change to trough next year, with mini drain underneath to keep water changed and slow wheel speed plus use more water flow to turn wheel......if everyone gets my drift.....well it mid sept and took time out clean pond etc also replaced pump pipes and got one new pump for skimmer which lead to me making a skimmer bio filter for both skimmers, i must admit they keep both ponds surfaces really clear........so not much else to say ...hope everyone enjoyed the photos and the journey as much as ive enjoyed sharing it with you all.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow it was so quite when it was going around and was that a banana plant inside ,Have you tried turning the water up coming out the top and can I ask if the water coming out the bottom is just extra flow for the trough going back into the pond

whiskey

Reaction score
hi sissy yes a well battered banana plant due to high winds, tail end of hurricane kate, so i move it into garage to winter over the next six months. As to the wheel you could turn it using very little water, i intend next year to do trails on hight of front bar and raise sides if needed to get wheel deeper thus the pressure of falling water onto wheel will need to be more than just a trickle to turn wheel , would like wheel to turn slowly dropping more water from paddles. As to your idea, it sadly, would only make it go faster.......trust me...tried and tested.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bet you could have watered everyones yard with in a mile of you until your pond went dry LOL I guess I thought about that after awhile and wow I bet you that thing would be a thrill for kids whizzing around throwing water

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Amazing Whiskey all that you have accomplished and that is quite the intricate setup. It looks wonderful and sounds mesmerizing listening to it go round and round! I think I got hypnotized watching it cuz I'm starting to fall asleep now :faint:

Ask a Question