Hi everyone

Reaction score
Been enjoying a garden pond that i made in the backyard for the last 2 years. To our surprise i found a turtle in the pond. Wonder if anyone could identify it and help me how what i should feed him to make him/her stay in my pond Photo attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• turtle in the pond.jpg
    turtle in the pond.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 238
Reaction score
Unless there is another water source near by I'd bet he would just stay there. His own personal pond.

Reaction score
could you identify the turtle with the photo? i will try and take better one , if its still in the pond tomorrow. My guess is Painted turtle... as it has some pinkish orange strikes on the limbs ... it's an unexpected surprise and we r both thrilled about the way it appeard in our pond!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
hard to tell from the picks, could be a painted but kind of looks like a slider but it's not a red eared slider, The stripe behind the eye would be a bright orange. What is that plant it's hanging in? that's pretty cool looking and I've never seen that before.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Fishin; The plant is Curled pond weed (Potamogeton) and you can pull it out of almost any lake in Ontario. John

Reaction score
As fas as the plant..i have no clue. Iy came with a potted plant i bought last year. That plant died and this is thriving !:lol:

Sad note...the turtle walked away from my pond! It was still an experince! One thing i learnt from this is...i should never spend money on a turtle.... ha ha ha!

Thank you again for all the interest!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
HARO said:
Fishin; The plant is Curled pond weed (Potamogeton) and you can pull it out of almost any lake in Ontario. John

Wonder if it would grow in our heat? I would like to get my hands on some and try it, Pretty neat looking submersible.

Reaction score
If there is a way of sending ...i would! I know its illegal to send plant material accross border! Now that you know the name of the plant ask around in ur area pond shops. Ontario gets warm in summer so i am sure it would thrive there too.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Looks like it can be found here although I have never seen it. However I know someone that may can help me out. Thanks!!!!

Ask a Question