Hi friends I'm lost with this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
20150928_194217.jpg 20150928_194135.jpg 20150928_194114.jpg 20150928_194101.jpg This is my filter
20150928_194028.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this wasn't part of your question but I just wanted to add that you might want to think about removing those big rocks from the bottom of your pond. They will just end up collecting waste in between each other and eventually cause water quality issues. No good way to clean around them.

The other thing is the water doesn't look very deep. Do you have any idea on the depth? If it's not deep enough it could cause problems in the winter when it freezes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
I did not say I was a pro this was my first pond I know inside and out when it comes to salt water aquriums.

This was all new for me to start out small to see how it goes then go big as the picture I showed that's going to be done. I'm here to learn and find out easy ways to do things. My pond might not be big or the best but it's something that I came up with and built with a broken back and I'm happy the way it turned out..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Yea I bought one today just worried about the bubbler cause I bought a pump but I don't know if it's going to be strong enough.. The guy told me it was so will see I just have to get what I wanted was the air stones and get 2 of them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds very similar to me. I have had fish tanks for years but the whole pounding thing is still newer to me.

My pond is very similar to yours. It's three feet deep and five hundred gallons. We were limited on space so went with what we could. I have goldfish and a handful of rosy reds in my pond though.

Would love to have a larger pond some day though so I can have some koi :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Plus I have a baby and the bigger the pond the bigger the money. Lol it's bad enough I live in jersey.. And I'm very happy how it came out and people just love it when they come over.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's about 500 gallons the pumping water an hr I'm not sure cause I don't understand that part.
It looks like you have a 700gph and a 340gph = 1030gph. Your filter box looks just like mine, a bit smaller, see if you can get more of those black balls in there. This is usually a group effort, I agree with BnG that rockpile will collect debris. If it's over 3' deep you should be ok for winter, unless it get's real cold this winter. There's rule for stocking fish, I think it goes 5 gallons for every inch of fish. Meaning if you have 5 10" fish you need....250 gallons, however koi need more than that, they eat a lot and generate a lot waste. I think your mechanical set up would work but you need more biological filtration soon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The pondmaster pump you posted a photo of is 700 gph so that is a little under the recommendation but you can always use more than one pump.

I use an aquarium air pump with four air stones in the pond for the winter. I use the de-icer in the same area and it did a great job keeping an area of the pond open and free of ice. The air pump is protected in a Rubbermaid container with holes drilled in it for circulation.

Edited to say, Looks like Peter and I were posting at the same time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Can you recommend something for me for the filtration.. But I do have enough water movement

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Going to need another air pump the guy sold me one for 100 gallons that's not going to be good

Ask a Question