Hide pipe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Do you have any cute and creative ways to hide my pump and all the piping going into my pond? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_154601.jpg
    IMG_20200623_154601.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 723
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Rocks, pieces of slate, broken scraps of marble and granite countertops, fake rocks, and plants of all shapes and sizes hide all of the mechanical hardware in and around my pond. It works, it looks good, and it doesn't severely impede access to the hardware. The down side is it takes a lot of rocks and plants, and a lot of work and thought to appropriately place them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
No I wasn't planning on it. I'm afraid I'd have to dig it up if anything went wrong and I have valves to direct the flow that I can't bury.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Based on your photo, if you could relocate the filter and pump to the left side of the upper section of the pond, next to the blue bucket, you could eliminate all that pipe running across your pond. That would mean you have a lot less stuff to hide.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
EVERYONE buries their plumbing. If you have a problem, it will be at a union - not in a long run of plumbing. You can leave the valves at ground level, but honestly trying to hide all that piping without buying it... seems like an impossible task to me.

Maybe you can explain your set up a bit so we can figure out what you have going on. Is that top pool a bog, or just a separate area of the pond? And the line going across the pond - is that pulling water or discharging? From the filter or to the filter? Is there a reason why the filter is where it is? Could you put it behind the top pool? Are the green hoses doing anything? Or just extra?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
We put the pump there because it was the only accessible electrical outlet. But now I realize that it would have been easier to put in another electrical outlet. The upper pool is going to be a bog. The line going across the bottom of the pond is pumping the water into the bottom of the bog. The green hose is extra right now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You can still put in that outlet. You just have to dig a trench around the pond from that lamp post. Looks like you have a fairly clear path between the pond and the bridge.

Ask a Question