Hmmm double layer of liner or not

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
I have just finished laying underlay and liner for my pond. The question is with my liner.
Seems I have a little too much of it! So I doubled up but now thinking thats not such a good idea cosmetically?

So I filled the pond up and the liner isnt really moulding to the side to well (I guess becuase of the double thickness.

Thinking about removing that extra layer of liner.
What do you recon?

IMAG0019-1.jpg

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
If your pond is not above ground level then do not fold over the excess!!!! Trust me on this. Like it was mentioned "dig a bigger hole". Everybody here probably has the same famous quote once the water is in. "Should have made it a little biggger"!!!!!

Reaction score
I took extra strips of liner and used it along the edges of the pond where I placed the rock as a sort of protection layer for the main waterproof liner membrane. Also I built my waterfall out of blocks that were placed over my liner with some extra liner strips under the blocks to protect the main waterproof membrane liner. After building up the blocks in the basic shape I wanted I laid another layer liner on top of the block to help channel the water and cemented rocks over top of that. So you might say I have three layers of liner where my waterfall is. Pictures

But no, I think two complete layers of liner would not be a good idea for some of the reasons already mentioned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a dumb question sort of related to this. Weakness of PVC is degredation caused by UV. If the PVC is completely covered (as by a second layer of PVC or by sand etc), will that prevent the PVC liner from degrading over time (since sunlight isn't hitting it) or are other factors involved in breakdown?

Dave
Considering most liners are sold on the premise that they have a 30 year life span I think U/V rays are the least of anyones worries here.
Personally I'd cut the excess liner of giving you just one layer to worry about, then with the remaining liner you could start another project :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question