How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
As a retired pre-school administrator .......I'm all for anything that ebbs the flow of "flying snot " :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD , I realize wearing masks is controversial....we wore masks because we wanted to shop at Costco and they REQUIRE one.

@sissy , totally agree on the issue of diet....add to that exercise ! it's absolutely incredible to me how so many don't understand the effect of diet and exercise on their health!!!

I just finished watching the funeral of my beloved Uncle via You Tube live streaming.....such a great man.....IMO deserved a gathering of his loved ones sharing memories.....but not to be :(

On a weather related note....I was shocked to see some of our hostas bit the dust in last night's freeze !
Sorry that was not meant toward anyone in the general public it was more to the professionals and government experts who actually think requiring everyone to where a mask is pointless because there is a right and wrong way to wear a mask. Not saying you or anyone else here is right or wrong just that for officials to tell us we must yet they have no clue that using them in the wrong way in far worse then none at all. Sorry for the confusion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If anyone is interested in seeing a lot of the video's being deleted by You tube, this site has them: https://altcensored.com/
All this scientific stuff is interesting but it is starting to make my head swirl. Think I should just trust Got to get me through all of this.
You were busy and determined to find that video j.w my hats off to you persistent you would be.
Thank you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Tend to disagree just a bit, we just grew, in this state, by another 1049 cases and confirmed covid deaths of 60 in the last 24 hours.
31534 confirmed cases.
Yeah we have around 6 million people in MD, yeah that is a smallish number unless you are one of the dead, one of the sick, a relative of a dead person. And like us very vulnerable.
The problem is [B]addy1[/B] and this is where the deleted you tube videos from respected Dr's come into play. Now i think many here are thinking that i am on the side that covid is a joke. By no means is it a joke it is a horrific way to go. However like all nasty viruses, diseases the older the more frail and weaken state you are the worse it will be. Now the Facts that everyone keeps talking about are being ignored now that they are on the opposite side that they want them to be on SOOOOO they are making Dr's lie. Covid unlike any other is being inflated why by whom for what reasons the list is long and if found out we unfortunately will then see there were others out there using this to promote there agenda.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All i can say is i don not trust half these governors out there today, OR THE MAYORS OF MOST MAJOR CITIES TODAY . Cuomo, Lamant, Deblazio, the Chicago mayor WHO SAYS she must get a hair cut when so many out there are fighting to keep there families fed and safe. And to her a hair cut for a news report is more important!!!!!! the judge who was so pissed off a women tried to provide for her family and save the business she worked so hard for to open the doors before there was no business left to open. There are tens of thousands out there who are in the same boat if i was 27 and young marriage young kids i was paycheck to paycheck this would have killed me. I have told my sons as they were becoming young adults that those geeks nerds outcats that everyone picked on in school that everyone made fun of today will graduate and become Dr's lawyers politicians and will kick there buts for the next 50 years not just the 12 years of school .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is horrible everything that is happening, financially, medically, mental. The best experiment would be to go back in time and do no shut down see what happens. Our governor shut us down pretty quickly. Would it have been worse, maybe, is it all twisting of facts, maybe, it is all true maybe. Feel free to believe what you want to believe.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We can see though what this has done to the country ,seems it has brought some good benefits along with the bad . Air quality has improved and people are trying to be more caring .I wear a face mask when the stores I go to have a lot of people .But like said you cannot count on air quality in the stores either .Do the have air cleaners on their heating and air systems and are they cleaned regular .We never really know .I have alwas believed in hard work and fresh air .I take no offense to any ones opinion .I just have heard from friends and family just how burned out they are .Some live in NJ and have seen the worst like NY .Because so many from NY live in NJ .We never believed a long time ago about the cartel and lookj what has happened .Just like welfare ,foodstamps and section 8 was supposed to be a hand up not a handout but people learned how to cheat the system and make it into a lifetime career .Fraud is every where .I have several police who live on my road that I know and seems these checks that some people are getting are really being used to buy drugs and make the cartel and dealers richer .They say when they see the ones they know suddenly have money for drugs that they stop say well the government gave them free money .Shame as it was not meant for that but it happens .The families that really need food stamps and retirees that need it have to fight to get it and others sell their food stamp cards for money .I have 2 that my sister knows that work at the hospital that will not work more than 20 hours because they will loose it .They use the money from it to buy weed and brag about it .Seems they never get caught .Our world is a very Sad place .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
One of our neighbors hired an ice cream truck to visit our street today. It lifted everyone's spirits....everyone was so ready to talk to each other and enjoy some sunshine .

One of our neighbors who works at Lowes, told us he was given a month off, paid, because he was considered "at risk"...over 65. His elderly MIL who is recovering from cancer lives with them, so he took the time. It got me thinking that if somehow people who were considered at risk, were given the opportunity to stay home ( paid ) ....could others have remained working?

I have no idea how it would work, especially with schools etc., but it is an interesting idea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
66% of the people that contracted the virus in NYC were people that were confined at home. 25% who died were living in nursing homes.

If you stay at home and are constantly sanitizing everything, when you finally get to go out you will be more susceptible to all kinds of bacteria your body would have normally built up immunities to. The longer you do this, the worse it will be. Get out and run barefoot in the woods, on the beach and breathe in some fresh air.

This whole one size fits all confinement is ridiculous. Big cities with huge populations are different than little towns in middle America.
Imagine if it were the other way around, a little town in the middle of the country had a virus breakout. Do you think big cities like NYC would shut everything down?

Instead of forcing everyone to stay at home and ruining our economy, we should have done the opposite, kept the more vulnerable at home.

Our Dem governor in PA has extended the stay at home to sometime in early June. Ridiculous! I really believe the heads of the Democrat party are forcing their members to stretch this thing out as long as they can. It's obvious. It's happening mainly, if not all, in Dem controlled areas. They want control. They want to change our way of life. They want to destroy the Constitution. They want to make the current administration look bad. They actually said they want to use this crisis to push their agenda.

There's going to be a revolution if things don't change soon. Look at all the protests. When was the last time you saw so many people protesting like this? Vietnam?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keep the political talk calm. The best is to leave politics out of the thread. Politics can fire up people worse than this virus. Would not want this thread shut if it gets out of hand.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they are saying this started back in November of 2019 now and reason are so sketchy that we will never now what it will become .Children in NY are now coming into hospitals in NY with a strain of it and my friend told me some are showing up in NJ .So many people travel in the metro trains in close quarters that it caused it to spread .The ones here in VA a lot of them traveled down for Mardi Gra .Same close quarters so guessing any where that people can come into close quarters it will spread .They are worried this could lead into something else so guessing we will find out .I am really not sure we know every thing yet .I live in small rural area in VA and it is spreading every day here .Pittsylvania county is big but mostly farm areas .Neighbor here tested negative 3 weeks ago but tested positive Friday and is now in the hospital .I was out mowing today and his wife stopped and told me .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The whole push for testing everyone doesn't make sense to me. Someone can test negative one day and unwittingly be exposed and become positive days later. Dont get me wrong, testing has its use, but I can't see testing every single person unless it's specifically needed.

Ask a Question