How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I was told that when I finally get scheduled for my surgery, I'll have to have the test, then QT at home for three days before the procedure. to looking forward to having that long swab stuck up practically into my sinus cavity.....hoping they have a rapid test instead !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I was told that when I finally get scheduled for my surgery, I'll have to have the test, then QT at home for three days before the procedure. to looking forward to having that long swab stuck up practically into my sinus cavity.....hoping they have a rapid test instead !
Good luck with your surgery. I hope it's something not too serious. Oh, and there are a lot worse places they could be sticking those swabs!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My wife and I are lucky that we've been able to work from home while all of this is going on so we're really just going stir-crazy. I still think Ohio is trying to open up again way too soon. There's no reason my 65 year-old dad should have to go back to work selling furniture during all of this, but his furlough and unemployment benefits end tomorrow. We're also really worried about my mother-in-law, who's diabetic and works hospital reception and had to fight to get a special work-from-home setup.

I know people are worried about the economic damage but opening stores and business back up too early is only going to make things worse. I think over the next couple weeks we're going to see a surge of new cases as a result and this thing will be drawn out all summer. It's so frustrating seeing that 80 thousand people are dead from this in this country (probably more) and a lot of people just seem to want to go out to eat again.

Dbarr1575

Good with aquariums, new to ponds
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
[QUOTE="addy1, Will not allow people to take my phone and sign for the sale, will tell them I will sign for them.
My sons have an app that they use where they can send you money without a signature or anything all they need is a phone number i believe i'll ask them..
[/QUOTE]
There is also Zelle through all major banks where all you need is an email address and they sign up, money transfers instantly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I still think Ohio is trying to open up again way too soon.
TOTALY DISAGREE

We have LET bleeding hearts who want to feed the world, house the world, give them free health care. While i Go to work for the pathetic dreams. Sure it would be nice if we could do all that BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Are law makers who live in gated communities behind walls while they open the flood gates to let anyone in our country. Yes we are a nation of from somewhere else but it has to be done UNDER CONTROL. We can not protect everyone open the businesses up NOW if your concerned and afraid STAY HOME. This country has to go to work has anyone ever heard of VENEZUELA? 10 years ago they were a place people admired and pointed at saying they are on there way to a great country. WELL look at them now the now, A dictator promised what we are doing just keep writing checks.

As i sat outside home depot this morning watching as people got in line at the tape 6 feet apart and the announcement coming over the pa keep 6 feet apart, follow the arrows, wear your face covering, make sure to wash your hands only handle merchandise you plan to buy. The only thing that was missing was it was in English and not Chinese. We have become a nation of our leaders telling us what to do without due process. Let the young go to work let those strong go back to work

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Dbarr1575

Good with aquariums, new to ponds
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'm a college professor so am working from home. My mother lives with me so we find it easy to stay home and away from people. Allowed me to get my pond fixed up and the area around it redone. I agree that doing things too soon is not the answer, but I'm glad that people are starting to go back to doing some things. I think we all just need to be as smart as possible, stay home if you can, wash your hands all the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
TOTALY DISAGREE

We have LET bleeding hearts who want to feed the world, house the world, give them free health care. While i Go to work for the pathetic dreams. Sure it would be nice if we could do all that BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Are law makers who live in gated communities behind walls while they open the flood gates to let anyone in our country. Yes we are a nation of from somewhere else but it has to be done UNDER CONTROL. We can not protect everyone open the businesses up NOW if your concerned and afraid STAY HOME. This country has to go to work has anyone ever heard of VENEZUELA? 10 years ago they were a place people admired and pointed at saying they are on there way to a great country. WELL look at them now the now, A dictator promised what we are doing just keep writing checks.

As i sat outside home depot this morning watching as people got in line at the tape 6 feet apart and the announcement coming over the pa keep 6 feet apart, follow the arrows, wear your face covering, make sure to wash your hands only handle merchandise you plan to buy. The only thing that was missing was it was in English and not Chinese. We have become a nation of our leaders telling us what to do without due process. Let the young go to work let those strong go back to work

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Totally disagree. Everything you just claimed is impossible actually isn't, only this country spent the last 50 years refusing to build the safety net that could get us through a situation like this because the "wrong" people might benefit from it. As a result 80 thousand people are dead that don't have to be.

You say if you're concerned and afraid then stay home, but my parents literally can't. They have to work to live because this country is throwing low wage workers to the wolves. You say let the young go back to work but 30 year olds are dropping dead at Cleveland hospitals.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Totally disagree. Everything you just claimed is impossible actually isn't, only this country spent the last 50 years refusing to build the safety net that could get us through a situation like this because the "wrong" people might benefit from it. As a result 80 thousand people are dead that don't have to be.

You say if you're concerned and afraid then stay home, but my parents literally can't. They have to work to live because this country is throwing low wage workers to the wolves. You say let the young go back to work but 30 year olds are dropping dead at Cleveland hospitals.
Wheres the invisible button.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
TOTALY DISAGREE

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Amen GBBUDD...I totally agree. If you're afraid, you can always stay home, but let others who can't work from home go to work and earn a living. They need to feed their families. Plus, they need their dignity restored.

I saw an interview with Mike Row, the Dirty Jobs guy. He said all jobs and all the people working them are essential. People dont like being called non-essential. It's degrading and causes depression.

All these righteous people "in charge" should have their pay revoked. Then we'll see how quickly things get restarted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Amen GBBUDD...I totally agree. If you're afraid, you can always stay home, but let others who can't work from home go to work and earn a living. They need to feed their families. Plus, they need their dignity restored.

I saw an interview with Mike Row, the Dirty Jobs guy. He said all jobs and all the people working them are essential. People dont like being called non-essential. It's degrading and causes depression.

All these righteous people "in charge" should have their pay revoked. Then we'll see how quickly things get restarted.

Like I said to GBUDD, my parents are terrified but cant stay home. The stores they work at open up tomorrow and they can either go to work fearing for their lives or stay home and lose their jobs. What would you tell them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Like I said to GBUDD, my parents are terrified but cant stay home. The stores they work at open up tomorrow and they can either go to work fearing for their lives or stay home and lose their jobs. What would you tell them?
Thats a good point. I assume they are not able to retire yet. Perhaps too young.
If they lose their jobs because they fear for their lives, that's heartless. There should be a law against that. If you're at a vulnerable age or have an underlying health issue, then you should be protected. Perhaps some sort of written statement from their doctor can protect them if they need to go to court. Maybe someone should write their Congress person or Governor.
But, we can't keep the economy closed for months on end. It will lead to our demise. It may already be too late.

Think of the young couples with a few kids. How are they supposed to pay their bills and feed their kids? Even if they collect from the government, how long can that go on. We're in enough debt as it is. We're printing money without anything backing it up, devaluing the dollar. If this continues, inflation will run rampant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pocono said it best IF covid was tearing apart rural american would the higher then mighty cities shut down for the country folks?????? You know the answer there's not a chance in hell !!!! Stop buying the BS news and look at the facts yes in the DIRTY cities where people live in each others pocket walk on top of each other and stand closer to strangers then i do my own wife. Look at the death rates in Vermont or even Massachusetts that's a hot spot in Boston and other cities but not in rural America.
Is there way to much political crap going on out there you bet cha but so long as people ignore good ideas and support bad ideas only on the color of the bill then this country will only continue to get worse. I would have ended up in JAIL if i ever threw a bike rack through a window of a public or private institute. And today the cops do nothing due to the color of the protest wake up America..

Sorry i say the youth are going to get stuck paying the bill for this shut down and safety net. And your parents need the young to continue to pay into the system to pay for there social security. Its simple economics plain and simple

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And i am done. Not going down this rabit hole. WE NEED TO GO TO WORK !!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Andrew , I'm sorry your parents must return to work tomorrow. It's not a fair choice. I wish more companies had policies like my neighbor benefited from at Lowes, allowing those at risk , over 65, to have paid time off.

Ask a Question