How are your Koi Fry Doing?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I actually had a customer who just had to have 2 of mine yesterday. I told them I prefer to wait till they are 12 weeks, but they insisted and I gave in. They also bought a bunch of pond plants and will be back for more later.
It looks like they are about to spawn again, that makes 3 times in just over 2 months. I am going to keep an eye on them and get some video.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I actually had a customer who just had to have 2 of mine yesterday. I told them I prefer to wait till they are 12 weeks, but they insisted and I gave in. They also bought a bunch of pond plants and will be back for more later.
It looks like they are about to spawn again, that makes 3 times in just over 2 months. I am going to keep an eye on them and get some video.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
mine have spawned 3 times but light egg numbers and the last 2 times were with the goldies doing it at the same time....no more goldies after fall.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
mine have spawned 3 times but light egg numbers and the last 2 times were with the goldies doing it at the same time....no more goldies after fall.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
bsr8129 said:
lost all of mine but there is next year

You got time to plan for the new ones

It got hot here so fast we were past spring before my koi new it
and spawning was over

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
bsr8129 said:
lost all of mine but there is next year

You got time to plan for the new ones

It got hot here so fast we were past spring before my koi new it
and spawning was over

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My last spawn have hatched. I have them in a tub outdoors to see how they will do. This time I used a mortar and pestle to grind both pellet and flake to use as their first food. I want to see the difference from live brine shrimp.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My last spawn have hatched. I have them in a tub outdoors to see how they will do. This time I used a mortar and pestle to grind both pellet and flake to use as their first food. I want to see the difference from live brine shrimp.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i released my fry into the big pond this morning, 4 weeks old and an inch long so...its time to fend for themselves..some are already hanging with the big guys!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i released my fry into the big pond this morning, 4 weeks old and an inch long so...its time to fend for themselves..some are already hanging with the big guys!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Let us know if any get eaten.
I have been putting my cull into a larger tank and I have a 10" in there that eats them as fast as he sees them.
These are fry that are not going to make it anyway.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Let us know if any get eaten.
I have been putting my cull into a larger tank and I have a 10" in there that eats them as fast as he sees them.
These are fry that are not going to make it anyway.

Ask a Question