How can I connect these 2 tubings....?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I want to connect 1/2" PVC to 1/2" poly-tubing. Fill in the "yellow" area...... Naturally, it needs to be secure. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

BTW, it's standard PVC -- I just made it gray in the drawing.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Lowes or Home depot, Go to the sprinkler and barbed fittings, Get a barbed end that fits the poly tubing, then go to the PVC and get a threaded x slip connection for 1/2" rigid tubing that the threads match up to. In a real pinch you can also slide the two tubes inside of a 3/4" piece of flexible tubing, only thing is they don't always hold tight and no real way to tighten the connection down.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lowes or Home depot, Go to the sprinkler and barbed fittings, Get a barbed end that fits the poly tubing, then go to the PVC and get a threaded x slip connection for 1/2" rigid tubing that the threads match up to. In a real pinch you can also slide the two tubes inside of a 3/4" piece of flexible tubing, only thing is they don't always hold tight and no real way to tighten the connection down.
Thanks, Larkin, that's exactly the [only] solution I came up with, but all I have here at the house is a 1/2" barbed to a 3/4" male threaded. If they make one that is 1/2" barbed to 1/2" male threaded, then I'll be in business. I just didn't want to be connecting all those add-ons to "reduce" from 3/4" to 1/2", etc. -- more places for things to go wrong.

So it's off to Home Depot, I go.....!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can get those fittings like said but if you heat up the pvc the barbed fitting will go into it but have a clamp on it also .safety is worth the cost of a clamp

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Maggie, they make a 3/4" threaded female to 1/2" threaded female as one piece too. Both would work if needed to go that route.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Larkin & Sissy! Home Depot did have the 1/2" barbed to 1/2" male threaded adapter (yard irrigation), which was perfect! I used a clamp over the poly tubing on the barb, and used a 1/2" female threaded/male slip regular PVC fitting to connect this to my 1/2" PVC pipe. I used some Teflon tape on the threaded piece. It looks pretty solid & stable.

Ask a Question