How do I make the water clear??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cleaned the tank out, put the two air stones in and fish, although some dirt seams to have been transferred with them! I have added 500litres for now!

I need to find a pump that can be run of solar power without draining the battery every 5 minutes.

Attachments

• 6CBA2E5F-248C-453A-A412-55D9FEC12B03.jpeg
    6CBA2E5F-248C-453A-A412-55D9FEC12B03.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 156

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Doing it that way will only help put the crud back in the pond or tank and ruin the pump .it takes time it does not happen over night

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I keep a crate with quilt batting in it in my water fall area and in my filter .I put blue reusable filter material for heating systems on top of it .The blue stuff picks up the heavy stuff and the quilt batting under it picks up the fine stuff .
100_9285.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also use it in my stock tank as I catch baby fish to give away .I have 2 filters also
100_6975.JPG
101_0954.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of something just like that, it's just the pump that's the issue!! As there is no electric supply I have to rely on a 12v pump!

However as I can only use a small pump or it will run the battery flat in no time! I want something that will stay running perminantly but doesn't use so much power it drains the battery.

The two air stones are run of a little air pump and that uses no power at all, any pump I try does tho, I have tried 4 different pumps now and am running out of options.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Only thing you can do is buy solar panels with a battery back up .I see more and more people doing it here for outside lights .Here we can buy a 100 watt solar system from harbor freight and led lights with battery back up for under 150 dollars and it works pretty good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn’t mind that set up here in the UK, what does your actual pump look like??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
So is their some reason you can't move this tank closer to a power source, or run a power line out to were the pond is? Definitely some money and effort in both those solutions. But I think you are fighting a loosing battle with your current set up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So is their some reason you can't move this tank closer to a power source, or run a power line out to were the pond is? Definitely some money and effort in both those solutions. But I think you are fighting a loosing battle with your current set up.

Yeah the tank is in the middle of an allotment next to an out building, the nearest power supply is at least 100metres away and that isn’t owned by myself, it also goes through a busy yard and will have several cars wagons drive over any leads put down!! They couldn’t be dug in either as I don’t own the land.

Solar is my only solution, otherwise I would be using electric, I currently have a 50watt solar panel connected to a charge controller and a 80AH battery, this should be more than capable to run a small 12v water pump.

Surely someone has a solar set up for a small pond!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I suppose another solar panel might help, enough to run the pump and charge the battery at the same time during the day should give you more run time once the sun is down. A bigger battery bank would help too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Yeah the tank is in the middle of an allotment next to an out building, the nearest power supply is at least 100metres away and that isn’t owned by myself, it also goes through a busy yard and will have several cars wagons drive over any leads put down!! They couldn’t be dug in either as I don’t own the land.

Solar is my only solution, otherwise I would be using electric, I currently have a 50watt solar panel connected to a charge controller and a 80AH battery, this should be more than capable to run a small 12v water pump.

Surely someone has a solar set up for a small pond!!
Thank you for the explanation. It does seem like solar is your only option. I am afraid I have no knowledge of that, I wish you the best of luck with you're endeavors.

Ask a Question