How privileged are you?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Paddling a canoe has to do with the wealthy shipping their kids off to sleep away camp. As soon as school is out for summer, kids are sent away for 4 to 6 weeks. Parents have told me it is the only way to enjoy THEIR summer.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Paddling a canoe has to do with the wealthy shipping their kids off to sleep away camp. As soon as school is out for summer, kids are sent away for 4 to 6 weeks. Parents have told me it is the only way to enjoy THEIR summer.
Dang that's harsh. Depends how you raised the kids, that determines if you summer was nice or not.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep horror stories of carrying bushel baskets of tomato's out of the fields to the house and it was over half acre you carried them .Getting up at 5 am just to pick stuff for the people that came to the house to buy stuff..Not fun but rewarding

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
yep horror stories of carrying bushel baskets of tomato's out of the fields to the house and it was over half acre you carried them .Getting up at 5 am just to pick stuff for the people that came to the house to buy stuff..Not fun but rewarding
What is the worse thing you had to pick sissy?
my answer: beans. Kill me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
worst was it had to get done before you even ate breakfast around 10 or 11 am .Rich kids need too get off the whine wagon and learn to work on themselves instead of blaming every one for the problems they have .Coming some one who worked her butt off all her life but does not regret it or blame any one .I raised 2 sons and they know you have to give to get .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
worked from the age of 8 and even before that helped out .Learned to help with the canning at age 6 and the laundry and had a wringer washer until I was 16 and hung clothes outside .Still hang clothes out love the smell of them after they are dry .Started at ford just before my 18 th birthday and my son my hubby after being in the army ,my brothers all started working there as soon as they were old enough.My dad in law worked there also .Son started just before his 18 th birthday .It was a family affair .Life is hard work you either whine and loose or you struggle on with hard work and win .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cisifom

Latest Threads