How to Build Waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, in my humble pond, I currently have a filter that feeds into a metal pole that spills water into the pond. I'd like to make it more zen. I'm thinking replace it with a stack of rocks that the filter feeds into, which would spill a waterfall into the pond. Maybe have like a little pool on top of a pile of rocks and the filter feeds into the pool which spills over into the pond? I have no clue! Ideas, ideas, ideas? Anyone?!

Some pictures of my current setup:
unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

and a big ol' ugly filter

unnamed.jpg

and a cat for good measure
unnamed-3.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is that metal galvanized steel as that can cause water quality problems .It should be stainless steel or pvc or abs plastic .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but good thinking. Let me find out and get back to you. Like I said, I really want to replace it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's galvanized steel. Kudos to my dad (not to point fingers). It's coming out tomorrow. But I still need to find a way to replace it because it produces oxygen....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
A piece of abs is black and you can buy it in most stores like lowes or home depot .If you want while looking in the hardware store look fow a splitter you can put it on the end of your house coming from you filter and put 2 hoses coming out of that and you will have 2 pipes so more air .I have splitters on both of my pumps .You may need hose clamps to attach the splitter

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This is example of a T fitting you just need to get the right size for your hose

Attachments

• t fittings for pond 001.JPG
    t fittings for pond 001.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 195
  • t fittings for pond 003.JPG
    t fittings for pond 003.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 174
Reaction score
Country
United States
A piece of abs is black and you can buy it in most stores like lowes or home depot .If you want while looking in the hardware store look fow a splitter you can put it on the end of your house coming from you filter and put 2 hoses coming out of that and you will have 2 pipes so more air .I have splitters on both of my pumps .You may need hose clamps to attach the splitter
Do you have a picture of what that would look like?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My T's are down in the water and are now done with pvc pipe as i could not find a 1 1'2 inch T here

Attachments

• plant 006.JPG
    plant 006.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 222
Reaction score
Country
United States
The way my pond is functioning, where it pulls water through a pipe from one pond, feeds it through a filter and into the next pond, I don't know if there's enough pressure to divide up the water between several pipes. Would it even help oxygenate it if it's got the same pressure, just divided up?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just use lava rock instead of the other stuff .Plus it will make your tote more stable .You can use 2 totes like I did inside each other to make it not bulge as much

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used a flower pot, fed the water up through the bottom, through some lava rock and a few plants spills down the side back into the pond. Make sure you have liner under it to catch water and send it back into the pond if it overflows, leaks etc. red circle.

The more you tip it the more it splashes into the pond.
pot.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I used concrete blocks and loads of tar paper under my liner to build the ledge and then found a really big flat rock. I used wooden stakes on top of the cinder blocks to angle the rock down to get the water flow that I wanted. Then covered everything with rock to hid the liner. I think I have build pictures on my showcase that might help visualize it. I did build a bog but you can modify it easily enough. It's tough to envision but once you get started you figure it out. Good Luck!

Ask a Question