How to edge your pond liner

Reaction score
That is a beautiful pond. I love the rocks too. Very crisp clean water too. Plus, all the colors of the rocks make it look so natural. I LOVE IT!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He did a great job, I love the looks of it, but love rocks too............lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He did a great job, I love the looks of it, but love rocks too............lol

Reaction score
Love the rock scheme, a have a bunch of river rocks I picked up along the way here and plan on doing very similiar to what u did diggin, i have to make my shelves to lay the rocks in more precise squared off so I can hide that black liner. Did you use anything like black foam, mortar, cement to keep them in place?

Reaction score
Love the rock scheme, a have a bunch of river rocks I picked up along the way here and plan on doing very similiar to what u did diggin, i have to make my shelves to lay the rocks in more precise squared off so I can hide that black liner. Did you use anything like black foam, mortar, cement to keep them in place?

Reaction score
After building our pond I decided I didn't like the necklace look.
PondConstruction24.jpg

After time I found that bare root sweet flag could be tucked in between the rocks and the roots would adhere to the rocks and liner much like the roots on an ivy vine will adhere to a wall. Most of my pond edging now looks like this:
Stuff011.jpg

I have a friend who does something similar with bare root impatiens. I bought some impatiens and plan to strip them of the soil and tuck them into a few places and see how they do.

Reaction score
PondConstruction24.jpg

After time I found that bare root sweet flag could be tucked in between the rocks and the roots would adhere to the rocks and liner much like the roots on an ivy vine will adhere to a wall. Most of my pond edging now looks like this:
Stuff011.jpg

I have a friend who does something similar with bare root impatiens. I bought some impatiens and plan to strip them of the soil and tuck them into a few places and see how they do.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
no foam,no concrete.When I build ponds,I like to stant the rocks backwards some,so hold themselves in place.I can walk on top of the whole edge and not a single stone will fall. I will have huge flagestone for a walk path around the pond,which will help ease that necklets look......Allow me to finish the project

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
no foam,no concrete.When I build ponds,I like to stant the rocks backwards some,so hold themselves in place.I can walk on top of the whole edge and not a single stone will fall. I will have huge flagestone for a walk path around the pond,which will help ease that necklets look......Allow me to finish the project

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
MikeyToo said:
Looks to me that you used a lot of small white rocks,I can see why you dont like it.

My rocks are no less that 50 pounds each, Bigger round smooth surface rocks [boulders]
if you will,make it look much smoother,and color is just more added eye candy.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
MikeyToo said:
Looks to me that you used a lot of small white rocks,I can see why you dont like it.

My rocks are no less that 50 pounds each, Bigger round smooth surface rocks [boulders]
if you will,make it look much smoother,and color is just more added eye candy.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
here is some more of the work getting completed......finally the huge flagstone for the walkway has arrived

Attachments

• 8 191.jpg
    8 191.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 499
  • 8 188.jpg
    8 188.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 8 189.jpg
    8 189.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 456

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
here is some more of the work getting completed......finally the huge flagstone for the walkway has arrived

Ask a Question