How to edge your pond liner

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
It is a fairly easy thing to do, once the liner has taken shape .I like to make sure the liner is flat as possible, added river stones to hold it down, then within those small stones I like to use pea gravel, As you start your edging you can trim the liner as you go, make sure you leave enough, at least six inches minimum

Attachments

• 8 125.jpg
    8 125.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 8 126.jpg
    8 126.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 8 129.jpg
    8 129.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,107

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
It is a fairly easy thing to do, once the liner has taken shape .I like to make sure the liner is flat as possible, added river stones to hold it down, then within those small stones I like to use pea gravel, As you start your edging you can trim the liner as you go, make sure you leave enough, at least six inches minimum

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thats what i do less the pea gravel i just start with med small flat rocks capped with larger flats the fish like to clime on them to get food that got pushed on them

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thats what i do less the pea gravel i just start with med small flat rocks capped with larger flats the fish like to clime on them to get food that got pushed on them

Reaction score
I really like the look of the rock continuing into the depths.

But it seems lots of folks say that leaving the EPDM exposed across the bottom decreases maintenance and the potential for diseases to develop.

I guess disease prevention is only an issue if you've got fish, eh?

Is the pond in the pictures rocked from stem to stern?

I split the baby and made a shelf for rocks that extends roughly one foot into the water, then the walls go vertical to the bottom. Everything under the rock shelf is bare EPDM. I wanted to rock the entire thing, but did not want to get blamed if something bad started growing down deep and killed the wife's fishies...

Reaction score
I really like the look of the rock continuing into the depths.

But it seems lots of folks say that leaving the EPDM exposed across the bottom decreases maintenance and the potential for diseases to develop.

I guess disease prevention is only an issue if you've got fish, eh?

Is the pond in the pictures rocked from stem to stern?

I split the baby and made a shelf for rocks that extends roughly one foot into the water, then the walls go vertical to the bottom. Everything under the rock shelf is bare EPDM. I wanted to rock the entire thing, but did not want to get blamed if something bad started growing down deep and killed the wife's fishies...

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
well as you can see I have plenty of water movement,more water movement,less algae can collect on rocks......And the rocks on this pond on the bottom are flat stone......I'd hate to have a pond and someone or something drop in a sharp object and put a hole in it............rocks are fine,you must control water flow,not allow the scum control you.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
well as you can see I have plenty of water movement,more water movement,less algae can collect on rocks......And the rocks on this pond on the bottom are flat stone......I'd hate to have a pond and someone or something drop in a sharp object and put a hole in it............rocks are fine,you must control water flow,not allow the scum control you.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Also mind you the bottom of this pond it flat as a board,I design it that way to allow anything to easy be cleaned.The large boulders and stones are on the sides

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Also mind you the bottom of this pond it flat as a board,I design it that way to allow anything to easy be cleaned.The large boulders and stones are on the sides

Reaction score
That is a beautiful pond. I love the rocks too. Very crisp clean water too. Plus, all the colors of the rocks make it look so natural. I LOVE IT!

Ask a Question